Outdoors
Sponsored by

9mm hollow point won't feed.

7,129 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BoozerRed78
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I purchased a Kahr CW9 and ran 200 rounds of 9mm fmj through it and had no issues. I tried running federal hst and hornady critical defense (both hollow point) and my gun will not feed it. Is there anything I can do at home to fix this? I don't want to give up on hollow point ammo, but this is frustrating.
The Wonderer
AG
what do the hollow points look like after attempting to enter battery?
RightWingConspirator
AG
They either won't load or if the do load they get stuck up on the barrel hood.
powerbelly
AG
From a casual internet search, that model seems the be picky about hollow points.
87Flyfisher
AG
The Federal Guard Dog 9mm will feed in anything that functions with FMJ rounds and it expands completely in all if the non scientific testing I have done with it.
[link]https://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition/handgun/family/guard-dog/guard-dog/pd9grd[\link]
maverick2076
I had zero issues with my CW9 feeding anything. You may try lightly polishing the feed ramp.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Either polish the feed ramp or find a bullet it likes
cuz-i-can
AG
I have a Kahr and was pissed when it was having fail to feed issues. I called customer service and a rather smug older lady told me that it needed a "break in" period. Although I literally wanted to throw the thing in a lake, I eventually put about 500 rds through it. I haven't had any issues since then. HTH.
Knotman
In my little Taurus I have the same issue. I put a gut ripp'n HP in the tube and fill the mag w/ ball ammo. I hope to solve the problem soon, but don't shoot much to break it in if that is the issue...
Mateo84
AG
The Kahr pistols are supposed to have a 200 round break in. While not exactly the same gun, my PM9 has about 400 rounds through it without any malfunctions using multiple types of hollow points and ball ammo.
ghollow
AG
Get rid of the Kahr and the Taurus and by a more reliable gun. I carry the Ruger LCP and have never had a feeding issue or FTF. Same thing with my Beretta's.
Last thing you want is an unreliable carry gun.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I ran 200 rounds of ball ammo through the gun on Friday without a hitch. I'm not sure I'd say the gun is unreliable just yet, but it wasn't feeding hollow point ammo.

I took the gun apart and polished the feed ramp and the barrel hood. The gun is now feeding both the HST and the Hornady critical defense ammo, but I do need to shoot it to make sure it will fire and load the next round.
BoozerRed78
AG
Had the same issue with the same Hornady ammo and my Sig. Switched to Speer and problem solved.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.