Outdoors
Sponsored by

Christmas light cords cut-to-length

1,341 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hoss
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've taken measurements and wanted to try and get empty socket cords cut to length rather than buying 3 dozen boxes.

Does anyone know where I can get this?
Specifically in San Antonio if anyone knows of a place here.
carpe vinum
AG
Call College Station Parks and ask where they get theirs. They buy it in huge spools. I imagine a google of online bulk light outlets will yield numerous options.
jh88ag
AG
A few years ago, I purchased a large spool of light strand (wire with socket every 12 inches) from Christmaslightsetc.com. I made my own custom strands to do my house. Worked very well for me. I don't remember how much I spent, but it was a good deal at that time.
Maverick06
AG
Bought mine on 1000lights.com this year but I know my local Ace Hardware sells them too right now if you need it in a hurry. I spent about $300 on strands, LED bulbs, blank line, and vampire plugs this year but everything is now cut custom to my house and it turned out great! Should be able to use them for years to come. Labeled every strand so they come down, get rolled and next year they go back up in order.

I did LEDs. I was able to run my entire house on one timer and outlet. Warm white bulbs look identical to the incandescents everyone love .

Edit: I bought C9 spool with 12" spacing as well.
Mdub00
AG
Try your local ACE hardware. There is one by my in-laws (houston) that does this. Their housing community has christmas lights written into the homeowners association. So find a community with lots of lights, then find an ACE near that.
TMfrisco
AG
Irrigation stores - Ewing, Horizon, etc
BigNastyNate
AG
Home Depot carries them by the 100 count and 500 count.

They may have them in the contractor section, but I typically see them in the Christmas light section buried in a corner. They have a big selection of bulbs as well so you can create whatever colors you want.

I do see them disappear after thanksgiving pretty quickly though.

Hoss
AG
Got mine at 1000bulbs.com.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.