Outdoors
Sponsored by

Photographer survives Black Mamba bite

4,927 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chickenhawk
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

http://petapixel.com/2016/10/01/photographer-bitten-black-mamba-got-shot/

Quote:

Photographer Mark Laita has a mention in Wikipedia for a wild and unusual reason: he was bitten by a black mamba (one of the world's deadliest snakes), survived, and found that he had accidentally captured the bite on camera.
Quote:

Dozens of photos later, the snake's owner extended a hook to collect the snake, but that's when disaster struck. Instead of hooking the snake cleanly, the owner accidentally snagged a red cable that was part of Laita's camera setup. Startled, the black mamba lashed out and sank its fangs into Laita's calf.
Quote:

After several minutes and then hours passed and Laita was still feeling fine experts recommend heading straight for a hospital, by the way the crew concluded that Laita didn't have any venom in his system. The photographer believes that it was either a "dry bite," when a snake doesn't release any venom, or that his heavy flow of blood pushed out the venom.

nope nope nope
Sean98
AG
Note to self - if/when taking photos of super dangerous venomous snakes khaki shorts are not the best clothing option.
Post removed:
by user
AZAG08
AG
Quote:

the snake's owner extended a hook to collect the snake, but that's when disaster struck. Instead of hooking the snake cleanly, the owner accidentally snagged a red cable that was part of Laita's camera setup. Startled, the black mamba lashed out and sank its fangs into Laita's calf
How pissed would you be at the guy working the hook!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Wasn't that several yrs ago?

Still crazy doe.
guess his book just came out and he released the bite pic. like "hey, remember me? i was the guy that got bit by one of the most poisonous snakes in the world. go buy my book."
thaed137
AG
....how is the dude standing there with the snake basically wrapped around his foot? I feel like the second the snake got near me I'm like peace dude. I know snakes are fast but the fact it had time to go around his shoe and he doesn't even move just seems odd to me.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
He doesn't move cause it is a still photo.
Sean98
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

He doesn't move cause it is a still photo.

LaughCry
Lungblood

There's a magazine under that duct tape... Redneck snake boots ftw!
coyote68
410 shotgun. Kill the snake and kill it quickly.
BuddysBud
AG
coyote68 said:

410 shotgun. Kill the snake and kill it quickly.
One way to survive a mamba bite--shoot your leg off while killing the snake.
Aggielandma12
AG
Sean98 said:

Note to self - if/when taking photos of super dangerous venomous snakes khaki shorts are not the best clothing option.

appears to be cargo shorts
Thunder18
AG
In the article it says wearing shorts was a precautionary move to prevent the snake from getting startled by his pants leg movements and to keep the snake from slithering up his leg. Not sure if I agree with that line of thinking, but apparently that is why he had shorts on
Chickenhawk
Thunder18 said:

In the article it says wearing shorts was a precautionary move to prevent the snake from getting startled by his pants leg movements and to keep the snake from slithering up his leg. Not sure if I agree with that line of thinking, but apparently that is why he had shorts on

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.