Outdoors
Sponsored by

Dove Decoys

2,856 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SweaterVest
wolf2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have several Mojo Voodoo doves as well as some clip on decoys as well, and I was wondering if anyone has perfected the technique of using these guys, and if so how do you use them?
FirefightAg
AG
Find dove field. Place mojo in said field 20-30 yards in front for treelike you're sitting on, invite duck commander buddy hunting and have him clip the other decoys on his hat. Snap photos for blackmail/profit. Shoot birds that try and land on aforementioned mojos
giddings_ag_06
AG
I sit under a tree with my cooler and feet propped up with my about 4-6 mojos in front of me about 20 yards just flapping away. I drink and wait until real ones fly in and then shoot, set my beer down, get the three I killed and repeat.
skelso
AG
Just put them out, they will either come to them or they wont. I put out pairs turned 90 degrees to one another with the thought they can be seen by birds approaching from any direction. If I'm hunting an area with a lot of terrain change and /or other hunters with mojos, I put mine on 10' pieces of 3/4 conduit. Getting them up higher makes the visible farther away.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Many on here will say this is overkill but I'm looking at making something like one of these. Guy had one in the corner of a field I was hunting the other day and dove flew straight at him all day long.

Picture how you think the dove are going to come into the field and then the shot you're most comfortable making, situate the decoys accordingly.

SweaterVest
AG
I was actually going to start a thread about this last night and forgot. Last weekend I put out a couple of Mojo Voodoos in one of our fields in Bee County (just to scout, not hunting) and lots of the birds flared the decoys. I've seen this late in the season over the past two years, but usually this early they are still flying right to the decoys. Anybody else experienced this this year?
PFG
AG
We see the opposite. Local, native birds get weary of the decoys after being shot at. Once more northern birds filter into the area with fall fronts, they suck right to the Mojo. Sometimes you have to get em before they land on it.
SweaterVest
AG
Shooting before they land on it is right. Best thing about the mojo's was not having to go pick up birds one at a time because they all fell in the same spot. Just had to get them before the fire ants found them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.