Outdoors
Sponsored by

Mueller metal buildings

17,661 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jaggiemaggie
jaggiemaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any experience purchasing a metal building from them ?
rancher1953
I have purchased a metal 40x60 shop and purchased the metal for roofing my home from them. They are okay and I had no problems. Sales was very helpful and knowledgeable about their products. Their prices are a little high but quality material. I find Discount Door and Metal in Brenham to be better and cheaper.
Bohica64
Bought a 12x16 shed from them, fairly easy to assemble, reasonably priced. Would purchase from them again if I needed another shed.
Centerpole90
AG
I use Mueller as well. I haven't purchased one of their pre-fab buildings but I've built multiple weld-up structures and they've always been very helpful to size purlins & beams. Besides that they are very generous to our local youth through animal and event sponsorships, it seems to be part of their culture.
OE_Ag11
AG
Anyone done any of the Muller custom buildings?

Also is it better to go through Muller or a builder?
Vernada
AG
quote:
Bought a 12x16 shed from them, fairly easy to assemble, reasonably priced. Would purchase from them again if I needed another shed.

Roughly what did that run you? What did you use for foundation?
Bohica64
I leveled the ground and used blocks to set the metal frame foundation on. I set support blocks on all four corners and down the middle, I also set blocks mid way on 15' sides. Seems to be holding very well, my only concern is washout from heavy rain but so far so good.

Edit for cost: If I remember correctly it was around $2,000, also it was 12'x15' not 16' as previously stated. We got the floor kit and a double door.
Vernada
AG
Thanks. I need to put a shed about that size in my backyard and I'm not sure if I should have a slab poured or just use blocks like you did.
Bohica64
So far the blocks are working, I didn't have the $$ to pour a slab plus I don't think the HOA would want me to do it. I used the concrete blocks with the notches in the top (Deck blocks?) With a little modification I got the red iron to fit into the notches, I had to remove a small amount of "slag concrete" in order for them to seat all the way. I also formed up a small ramp and poured concrete and tied it into the foundation steel, I don't think it's going anywhere.

If I had any gripes about my shed it's that I don't have any hanging storage, I'm not sure how to add this to the interior without causing damage to the walls. I guess I need to invest into some beam clamps and "engineer" something out.
OE_Ag11
AG
anyone have an approximate amount for a 45X100 with two 25ft overhangs on each short side
hurleyag
AG
I went to high school in Ballinger, where they originated. A lot of my friends and their families are employed there.
COSCAG00
AG
I have a 30' x 50' Mueller building I erected last year, it was a custom since I added a few more doors than standard. The over all experience was great and the quality of the building is on par with the rest of the manufactures I looked at. I went with Mueller since they are right down the road from me. They will unload the building as well when they deliver it unlike some where you have to unload it off the truck.
WestTexAG
AG
Their buildings are designed with the erector in mind in that it's easier to erect than some others that are engineered to fit better on a truck. Every Mueller building is completely put together in a CAD program to ensure all the pieces necessary are included. This is not just for the stock buildings, but every custom change included so there are no surprises Mueller could have prevented.
Corps_Ag12
AG
quote:
Their buildings are designed with the erector in mind in that it's easier to erect than some others that are engineered to fit better on a truck. Every Mueller building is completely put together in a CAD program to ensure all the pieces necessary are included. This is not just for the stock buildings, but every custom change included so there are no surprises Mueller could have prevented.

That's why I think the extra cost of Mueller is worth it if you're erecting a building yourself.

If not, it's probably better just to hire someone to fab, deliver, and erect in a turn-key solution.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Did you DIY or hire someone? Would you mind giving a ball park total cost after it was all said and done ?

We have a detached garage that needs to be rebuilt, thinking of putting up a 4 car tandem (i.e. 2 car deep x 2 wide) 2 story garage. I'd like to use the second story for storage.
bushman
AG
I am a Mueller Salesman, in the Caddo Mills branch. Where are you located? Building prices will vary, depending on the area, and local competition. We all discount, how much will vary on where you are, and the building specs.
COSCAG00
AG
quote:
Did you DIY or hire someone? Would you mind giving a ball park total cost after it was all said and done ?

I guess you can say I DIYed it but in all fairness I am a contractor by trade so it's kind of cheating. I did the foundation myself and erected the frame as well with help from my 7 year old son at the time. I went with insulation and neede more hands so I ended up hiring 2 guys that erect buildings for a living, with them and myself we insulated and sheeted the building in a weekend. The cost for the building was around $13,000 that included a walk door and 2ea openings for a 10x10 and 1ea 12x10 overhead doors. I ended up buying the doors separately and saved a couple thousand that way. All in I am under $22,000 for the building and foundation but that's doing the as much myself as possible. If you were to hire this out I would think your closer to the 50k mark. If your in the BCS area and want to take a look at mine or need some help let me know.
OE_Ag11
AG
quote:
I am a Mueller Salesman, in the Caddo Mills branch. Where are you located? Building prices will vary, depending on the area, and local competition. We all discount, how much will vary on where you are, and the building specs.
do you know anyone in the Conroe office? We just sent a bid package over that way.
allMondjoy
16 years ago. Laid out and poured foundation myself with plenty of advice from Mueller. Built a 30X60 13 ft at peak 11 ft at outerwall. 20 ft end opening with 24 ft overhang. One 10 ft door and 2-20 doors along one length. Solid wall on other length.
AW 1880
AG
Bushman, we likely know some of the same folks. My friend is JRW of JRW Metal Works and several of my friends are in the industry out in that neck of the woods.
bushman
AG
I only know Tommy in the Conroe branch, he's a good kid.

Yes, I know Jarred, he mostly buys from Gvl Steel, but he comes in some. They put up a lot of buildings.
khkman22
AG
quote:
I just want to verify and make sure it is Mueller policy and not just one location not wanting to deal with the hassle, but do you do custom buildings on a 12x15 or so? My dad was looking at putting one about that size up in the hill county next to their cabin, but he was told they would not be able to add a 5' door so he could park his Yamaha Rhino in it. Is that the case everywhere or does it just depend?
bushman
AG
It depends on the salesman. Some are lazy, and don't want to mess with small structures. I try to help everyone, you never know when a small sale could turn into multiple sales to someone. Sadly, some guys are just lazy, and want only the easy sales.
OE_Ag11
AG
bushman do you know kevin in conroe (NM missed your reply above)? thats the person they have helping us. We are looking at a good size building, 100x45x18 with a total of 50ft of porches between the sides.
khkman22
AG
Checked with my dad and he was actually looking at a 9x12. The 12x15 actually shows as having a 5'4"x6'4" door online. He's limited on space of where he can put it because of trees, but maybe he can stretch it to the 12x15 size.

I saw where it said the backyard series comes with all screws and sealers, but it does not state that about the standard series. Do the standard series buildings seal completely or can you see daylight coming in at the roof and sidewall edge and other places along the floor if building on a slab? Can you insulate those buildings and drywall the inside as well (or would that require a custom building)? I'm trying to plan for a 25'x25' building and just wondering if that is doable or if I would be better off just framing up with wood and building something DIY.
bushman
AG
Ah, you're looking at the DIY's, yes those are a little more limited on what you can do. Adding a walk door isn't bad, you just have to add some additional parts.
If you are going to Sheetrock the interior, you would want to go custom. The Sheetrock (if attached directly to the purlins), would void the warranty on the Standard series. We probably sell 5 to 1 custom over the Standard, since most people have specific needs and wants for additions and openings.
jaggiemaggie
AG
COSCAG00 and others: Do you think I can do something like this with a Mueller building? I'd be nice to have a garage in Houston that will actually fit my truck and 2 other vehicles. I'd plan on finishing the upstairs down the road as playroom and an office office.

My detached garage has extra real estate behind it (would have to check with city to make sure I can build on it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.