Outdoors
Sponsored by

Question about Barndominiums and RE Taxes

9,192 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsMnn
Post removed:
by user
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're going to pay taxes on assessed value.
HECUBUS
AG
Lowest property tax hit would be a dirt floor barn with a camper. Doesn't have to be dirt, but can't be concrete.
AggieStan
You will get taxed the structure as living space- if it has divided walls, it is treated as living. (at least that is how mine has been treated for 10+ years.

And trust me....somehow the Appraiser finds out what is going on....
RMC91
AG
I believe they carve out an acre around your barn and assess it and the barn at "market value". If it is a second home you won't get your homestead. That is what they did for mine. And the appraiser saw mine on google earth, which is how he found out I was building.
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
I believe they carve out an acre around your barn and assess it and the barn at "market value". If it is a second home you won't get your homestead. That is what they did for mine. And the appraiser saw mine on google earth, which is how he found out I was building.
This.
BCOBQ98
AG
I know folks who have built the structure and then later on build the finished portion. Not sure how they are going to determine what is in your barn. Are they coming around looking in windows?
MouthBQ98
AG
If you finance it, you can deduct the interest as a second or vacation home.
AgsMnn
AG
Store a pallet of feed inside to keep the moisture out since it is conditioned.

Boom

Store some equipment in it as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.