Outdoors
Sponsored by

Form 1 Suppressor Build

18,781 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mneisch
mneisch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Form 1 trust/efile submitted 6/2, approved 9/27. I utilized 8 titanium valve spring retainers as baffles, opening the back up with a 3/4" countersink and clipping the front with a diamond bit. Opening in the retainers is 0.380 and the muzzle end cap is 0.345. Suitable for .308 but will be living on my 6.8 SPC. Both end caps are made with cutouts for an AR armorers wrench. Muzzle device is a Griffin titanium minimalist muzzle brake (Here). Internal layout is a 1.5" blast chamber, baffle, then 7 stacks of 0.625" spacer with corresponding baffles. One last piece of spacer at the end for a perfect fit. I don't yet have a weight on it but I anticipate at or around 16 ounces with an 8" OAL. Total cost for all material is right at $320. First shots hopefully through it next weekend.

Assembled

On the gun

TAB Gear sleeve

Baffle in 0.625" spacer

Clip in baffle

Interior of muzzle end cap. Cone acts as one more baffle

AGnBigD
AG
Looks great! I just submitted my form 1 this week. Can't wait to build mine.

Where did you get your parts?
mneisch
AG
quote:
Looks great! I just submitted my form 1 this week. Can't wait to build mine.

Where did you get your parts?

VSRs are old Nascar stock I got on ebay and turned down the OD on. Tube, end caps and spacer were made by a machinist. I drilled the muzzle end cap myself. I can give you his contact info if you'd like, he does great work.
schmellba99
AG
Looks good. Hope the valve retainers work well for you. You may alao think about imcreasing your blast chamber a bit, but see how you like the can first and foremost.
mneisch
AG
quote:
Looks good. Hope the valve retainers work well for you. You may alao think about imcreasing your blast chamber a bit, but see how you like the can first and foremost.

Was trying to decide to go with a larger blast chamber or extra baffle. Baffle won out. Larger blast chamber can also lead to more FRP, so I wanted to avoid that.
Mr. Dubi
Waiting on weight and review.
bar2157
AG
Nice build. I'm waiting on a similar order from Chris. He does excellent work. Mine is going to be with a 6" Ti tube and live on my 300 blk.

Are you going to cerakote it or leave it au natural?
mneisch
AG
quote:
Nice build. I'm waiting on a similar order from Chris. He does excellent work. Mine is going to be with a 6" Ti tube and live on my 300 blk.

Are you going to cerakote it or leave it au natural?

Actually think I will anodize it, just need to get my hands on a variable power supply.
mneisch
AG

Right at 16 ounces as expected.
skelso
AG
That came out well. How does it shoot?
sawemoffshort07
AG
If you do this again (or for a .45), I would buy your parts to do a form 1 suppressor.

Im sure this is probably a labor of love...
mneisch
AG
quote:
That came out well. How does it shoot?
Taking it out tomorrow to shoot, will report afterwards.

quote:
If you do this again (or for a .45), I would buy your parts to do a form 1 suppressor.

Im sure this is probably a labor of love...
Much easier than you think. I'd be happy to provide more build details for anyone wanting to do one themselves.
OnlyForNow
AG
Doing this while easing babies. Dude all I do is hunt every weekend. Props to you.
texrover91
AG
Wow very impressive nice work!

I've been considering doing my own for a .458 - I have access to machinist and CAD might hit you up on the details - look forward to (not) hearing it of you post a video
mneisch
AG
Sounded great at the range yesterday. I'll get some video this weekend when I'm out at my friends ranch and I'll be the only one shooting.
mneisch
AG
Sounded great at the range yesterday. I'll get some video this weekend when I'm out at my friends ranch and I'll be the only one shooting.
schmellba99
AG
You can shave off some more weight and provide more soundwave disruption by either drilling holes in your spacers or by cutting out material to turn them into 3 or 4 legged spacers instead of the solid cylinders you have now.
mneisch
AG
quote:
You can shave off some more weight and provide more soundwave disruption by either drilling holes in your spacers or by cutting out material to turn them into 3 or 4 legged spacers instead of the solid cylinders you have now.

It is very thin wall titanium, no real weight to save by further machining.
KatyAg88
Very nice. I would be interested in details. Thanks.
mneisch
AG
quote:
Very nice. I would be interested in details. Thanks.
Shoot me an email at my username at gmail.com and I can help you with whatever questions you have.
mneisch
AG
Didn't get any video, but had a chance to shoot this without muffs over the weekend. Very tolerable to the ear. Shot a spike on Saturday (MLD) with the 6.8 and only the deer immediately next to it ran off, others at the feeder and down the sendero didn't seem to mind at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.