Outdoors
Sponsored by

Stick Tights??

17,816 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WheelinAg
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems there are a million different things labeled as stick tights as it tends to be a general "catch all" term for the crap that we vectors end up dragging around and re-seeding per nature's plans.

What the heck (weed experts help!) is this weed? I grew up calling it beggar's lice, but when I look that up it shows something completely different (tick trefoil).

This is what the internet gives me when I type in Beggar's Lice - various tick trefoils... Definitely NOT what is in the post above.

rather be fishing
AG
Hedge parsely (Torilis arvensis)

I grew up calling it beggar's lice as well.
ursusguy
AG
In know you will be shocked that it is an invasive species.
Sean98
AG
quote:
In know you will be shocked that it is an invasive species.
I am not shocked, but I did not know that. Freaking Japanese kamikaze plants ...it was already on the "kill it with fire" list, but it has just moved up a notch.

Oh, and thank you RBF
Cowboy1990
Clicked hoping to see hot, sticky girls in tights.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh, and thank you RBF

You have no idea how long it took me to ID that crap.
WheelinAg
AG
Kill these things with fire, our dog got into them and looks like a piece of cotton.
Sean98
AG
Yeah, I'm still dealing with the remnants. Last year I hand pulled twenty 30 gallon trash bags full of them. This year it's only about half that many. Thankfully it has a pretty upright growth habit and is easy to ID. But after you pull them for a few hours you're itchy as hell. and unfortunately if you mow it it doesn't die, it simply forms flowers/seeds very close to the ground.
SWCBonfire
AG
I have never heard it called anything but beggar's lice.

Sticktights are another thing in my neck of the woods, those are pecans where the husk either is damaged by an insect or freezes stuck to an otherwise fully-formed nut shell.
WheelinAg
AG
My backyard is covered around the perimeter. I'm going to get after them by hand, hopefully not 20 trash bags.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.