Outdoors
Sponsored by

One hole washer boards

37,298 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by dahouse
Justified
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm wanting to build a pair of washer boards. Does anybody know the dimensions or have a link to a website?
TMoney2007
AG
Are there official washer rules???

I would say the hole is big enough so that you can hit it consistently but others can't and the distance between them is set similarly...
OilAggie
AG
go three hole
Shilo
AG
^
i second this
Justified
Never played " three hole" washers. Are the rules similar? Those building plans are readily available.
CamoCroc Ag
AG
One hole is better. A lot harder to get points just by being lucky. (I have both the one and three hole boards)

[This message has been edited by AgH10 (edited 8/7/2012 9:51p).]
Comeby!
AG
Aka corn hole.
Brother Mouzone
AG
18x18
6" backboard
4"hole
jpc08
AG
More strategy in 3 hole washers. I just pulled mine out for the first time since football season to take to the beach this week.
BCOBQ98
AG
You can buy the plywood already cut at home depot. I bought 3 pieces, and cut one in 1/2 for the backboards. Made it really easy.

Mine are fairly sturdy but you can't stand on them (some folks do this and I'm not sure why), we just stand behind them and to the side to throw.

I just carpeted them with astroturf (no padding) and use pvc end caps in the hole so you don't have to lift up the boards everytime.
bigboykin
AG
Earl knows what he's talking about.

Three hole would be more "SEC" of you, but that won't change the fact that it sucks.
Brother Mouzone
AG
420 Aspen
dahouse
AG
We made them 30x30 with 3/4 plywood, 2x6 on edge in the back, 2x2 on the front (both underneath, top should be smooth). Make a little triangle support on each side for the 2x6 or it will wobble.

Cut a hole 1/4" larger than the washer all the way around (1/2" diameter larger). Covered in carpet and glued a capped piece of PVC underneath to catch the washers.

Put an eye in the front of each board and cut light chain with clips in a length that makes the center of the holes 21' apart when pulled tight.

I built them in 2003, they are still going strong (re-covered once)

Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04

[This message has been edited by dahouse (edited 8/8/2012 10:15a).]
Bluto
AG
dahouse has it right. Mine are nearly identical except the difference in the back and front height is -2", and mine are 24" . 24". NO BACKBOARDS Be sure to use the 3/4" plywood and carpet (I used fake turf). IMO, this is by far the hardest way to play the game, and some people get frustrated because it's harder to score. It's hard to even keep the washers on the board with this set up at 21", but once you get in a rythm its a lot of fun. Sometimes we move in to about 12 feet, which changes the game to focus more on covering your opponent instead of just tyring to score yourself.
dahouse
AG
I used outdoor carpet the first time and the washers cut holes in it after a couple of years. Went back with a commercial indoor carpet. Much more durable and more slippery.

Definitely the most challenging washer game. Play on these for a while then see what it feels like when you play on a 3-hole board. Makes it seem almost too easy.

Case in point, went to my BIL-to-be bachelor party a few weeks ago. Big group of guys, most of which I'd never met. They had 2 sets of 3-hole boards set at 15 feet center to center. They wanted to play $5/game. I played from 11PM-2:30AM and only lost one game. Paid for my whole weekend in one night.

Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.