Outdoors
Sponsored by

Crank Up Feeder Plans

13,654 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by bushman
bushman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry it took me a while to get these up, I had some problems getting them scanned to the puter. They are just sketches, but it should be fairly easy to reproduce. Don't hesitate to ask any questions if something is unclear. I added a material list on the second page, too.

bushman
AG
I don't have any good pics of the parts, but I will take some next time we build one. Here is a pic of one of them set up. It has only a single pulley, but you get the jest of what it will look like.
dolch
AG
i didn't see a feeder in the last pic. i guess i locked on the rack.

Good looking feeder and piney woods deer.
thanks for taking the time.

tx4guns
AG
Do a search for "tripod feeder pulley head" in Google. Lots of cool and affordable designs you can copy for the top of the tripod.
bushman
AG
You can build this type feeder, minus the mechanism, for +- $175. The biggest variable is metal prices, which have been up and down. Last time I bought 1 1/2" tubing, it cost $65 for a 24' stick. Also, due to the length of the parts, it is cheaper to build 2 feeders...less waste.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
wow I pay $.80 / ft for 1.5 x 3/8" sq tube
BlueLacyAg08
best recommendation I have is to get the auto brake on the boat crank. nothing like it spinning out of control, breaking your wrist and/or 55 gallon drum
tx4guns
AG
That sounds very high for the steel. Call Steel Supply in Houston to see if their prices make it worth the trip.
bushman
AG
It's been a while since I built one, but that was the price that the school paid for steel. We take a welding class through a local high school and get all metal at their cost. Can't beat the cost for getting the use of all of their equipment and cheaper metal. We have now been taking "beginner Welding" for 5 years.

Like I said, metal prices will vary depending on many factors. That is just what it cost last time I had to buy any.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.