Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rice Bran

1,307 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Backstrapper
Backstrapper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at Atwoods in Waco yesterday and they were selling Rice Bran as a deer supplement. 24% protein. Mix with corn/protein in free choice feeders or just pile on the ground.

Anybody know anything about this?

I went ahead and bought 2 50# bags just to try out.
Complaint Investigator
AG
It will clump and mold when it gets wet or damp, and doesn't have a long shelf life and seemed to go rancid quick if you didn't use it.

Not sure about feeding to deer, was good fat content for horse coats.
AgySkeet06
AG
this has been my secret deer attract for the last 3 years. My brother in law got me hooked on it as they use it at their place in Louisiana over corn. Its sweet and has protein. We always just go around and dump 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket in different places around our feeder. Even when it gets wet the deer still come to it. but it usually doesnt last long once we put it on the ground since they usually eat it up within a couple of days.
ShamefulTwoPercenter08
I bought a bag of it early this season based on a recommendation from a co-worker. It came in meal form too but I went ahead and bought the pellet version. The deer ate it all the first hunt I threw it out. It also seemed to leave more of a dust in the air after I threw it and I noticed a couple different bucks with their nose in the air sniffing around it. Clearly they like it and it is high in protein, but I don't know if you could put the pellets in a broadcast feeder without it clumping up.
Sean98
AG
...it's basically what C'mere Deer is.
Backstrapper
Thanks for the feedback. At $8 for 50# bag.....I'll try it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.