Microsoft Owns Activision Blizzard

1,554 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Fenrir
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The deal closed today. $68.7 Billion Dollars

Maybe we'll get Diablo on Steam now.
zip04
AG
I saw something last week saying Diablo IV was coming to steam. Overwatch and MW2 are already on steam. I would expect it (D4) to filter onto game pass within 6 months or so.
WGann3
AG
It goes live on Steam on October 17th with the launch of season 2. Best part about it is if you already own it on Battle.net you get to pay for it again on Steam.
Cartographer
I hope this helps bring back some creativity on the Blizzard team.

I don't know that it will but hopeful me wants to see them splinter the cash grab games off from the exceptional IP and just get back to releasing excellent games with minimal monetization.

Probably won't happen but, hopeful me still hopes
WGann3
AG
Cartographer said:

I hope this helps bring back some creativity on the Blizzard team.

I don't know that it will but hopeful me wants to see them splinter the cash grab games off from the exceptional IP and just get back to releasing excellent games with minimal monetization.

Probably won't happen but, hopeful me still hopes
That's my reaction to this. I have no idea what this will ultimately mean for Activision and more importantly to me the Blizzard side of things. It might not change a thing. But I'm hoping it will lead to improvements in some of the Blizzard IP that I love that has been a big bag of meh for a long time now.
Eliminatus
AG
Just gimme Halo Wars 2 on Steam!
jr15aggie
AG
Pretty cool as a guy that's been in the Xbox ecosystem for years. Gamepass is going to be insane. It's already full of games that I want to play but don't have time for.
Pman17
AG
Yea, I don't have to buy AAA games anymore. We got Starfield, Forza, and soon Cities Skylines II.
Lathspell
AG
Can't wait for City Skylines 2.
Fenrir
FTC isn't happy with recent MS decisions post merger
https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/18/24201576/ftc-microsoft-xbox-game-pass-price-increases-standard-tier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.