NReal Air

764 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tamusc
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a pair. I'm suddenly traveling a lot cross country and these have popped up on my radar. Not really looking at full AR glasses but wondering what anyone here thinks of these or other similar options.
tamusc
AG
I've had a pair for a few months. Nice when I'm traveling or when I want to play some games on the Steam Deck (GoW 2108 is awesome on them). I do usually wear my Airpods when traveling with them, but the built in speakers are fine.

I wish they'd release their Nebula app on Windows and iOS so I can better take advantage of some of those features, but they're still really nice even when using them purely as a simple monitor. The image quality and colors are much better than I expected, especially when using the light blocker shade that snaps on.

Only real complaints I have are that the light blocker doesn't snap on magnetically requiring me to take the glasses off to put it on and they can get a little uncomfortable around my ears with extended use (I have a big head, lol) which I can usually mitigate by preemptively taking breaks every 45-60 minutes.

Since you can buy them through Amazon, there's no real harm in ordering a pair if you're seriously considering them and you can easily return them if you don't like them.
aezmvp
Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably pick a pair up in the next few weeks
tamusc
AG
No problem! Another protip that helped me, make sure you try all three nose bridge lengths to make sure you're using the one that best aligns the prisms with your eye line. The default ones were a little short for me, but the longest/tallest ones were perfect.
aezmvp
tamusc said:

No problem! Another protip that helped me, make sure you try all three nose bridge lengths to make sure you're using the one that best aligns the prisms with your eye line. The default ones were a little short for me, but the longest/tallest ones were perfect.
Pulled the trigger. Getting delivered later today. I'll post my impressions. I know there are a lot of travelers on here so we'll see.
tamusc
AG
Hope you like it! If it looks off, just remember to play around with the fit (don't forget there's a tilt function on the hingers too) and try the other nose bridge options.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.