Amazon eero vs Google Nest

820 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Madmarttigan
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am bumping my internet up to AT&T Fiber and 1Gig service. Have approximately 3700 square feet with a game room upstairs and a TV on the patio. Four kids at home with phones plus mom and dad. Moved over to YouTubeTV with a few other streaming apps.

The WiFi extender isn't extending too much, so I am going to go the mesh route. Orbi is out because it seems the most "techie" and I am clueless. Nest and eero seems more "turnkey" and user friendly. Any real world experience around which one will be better? Thanks in advance.
Absolute
AG
I have had both the Google and Netgear versions.

Google worked for about 18 months then started disconnecting all the time, slowing, wouldn't update. Google provided ZERO customer support or help or warranty.

Switched to the Netgear version. Basically the same thing happened in the same time frame. Eventually they got really slow, nodes would disconnect, nodes would say they had to be closer together (to the point that they were so close it defeated to purpose.)

I gave up and went back to a single gaming type router. Luckily our new house is smaller, so it seems to be covering fine.
Madmarttigan
AG
Eero has been great for cameras and streaming and overall coverage.

For whatever reason games get random lag spikes, freezes for 5 sec pretty consistently a few times an hour and I've never been able to solve the problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.