Figgers Wireless

1,769 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 51Merc-98Ag
51Merc-98Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok guys - curious if anyone has heard of Figgers Wireless as a cell phone company?

If so, is this a scam - or legit?

I assume this is the best forum on TexaAgs to post this?

Gig'em
---------------------------------------------------
Americans for Fair Taxation!
sdc177
AG
Good Lord, don't make a typo with that name!
FatZilla
AG
sdc177 said:

Good Lord, don't make a typo with that name!

sdc177
AG
By the way, it seems legit to me although there are some silly typos on the website. Freddie Figgers has a pretty amazing life story and seems like a really good dude.
76Ag
AG
Better buy an "a"......
nai06
AG
It's legit. Everything I've heard is positive about it especially the service. They use low earth orbit satellites and claim that even during hurricane Irma, figgers customers had service.
Eliminatus
AG
Looks intriguing. I currently use Mint which is dirt cheap and worked great until about a coupla months ago and then service quality dropped significantly for some reason. Still haven't had any dropped calls but every now and again, I can't even get a text out immediately. I knew going with Mint, things would be slow, but still expect it to work. It's not life breaking yet, but definitely shopping around too. Might go back to Cricket if it doesn't improve by fall semester. Or this company here.

Ill watch this thread in case someone has any more updates.

ETA: Eh, gonna be hard to beat Mint for me right now. I pay yearly so had to go bak and check my plan. $180 for 12 months, unlimited talk and text, and 3GB 4G data. I can't remember the last time I went past 1.5 GB in a month so it works for me. $15 a month.....I can put up with slow service.
Claude!
Who woulda thought? It's Figgers.
51Merc-98Ag
AG
Well, I went ahead and ordered a phone as a second phone - just to try it out.....

Seems too good to be true.....but we will see.

Only problem so far is that I live in rural Texas and when I put my zip code in, it said it wasn't available in my area (even though it shows coverage on its map). It also just has you "switching" from your current provider - which isn't what I really wanted to do either. So, I called them and ordered one over the phone.

I will let y'all know how it goes. If it goes well, the 4 lines for $120 and unlimited data, talk, text - sounds pretty good....

Still would like to hear from others. Also would like to hear from you techies to see if anyone can poke holes into why they can offer what they do compared to Verizon, ATT, etc.

Hopefully not a scam.....
---------------------------------------------------
Americans for Fair Taxation!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.