Doug Flutie's Maximum Football game for PS4 and Xbox One - anyone interested?

2,721 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jckrjr7
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://twitter.com/maxfootballgame?lang=en

It supposedly has high school, college, and Pro dynasty modes with fictional teams. They are capitalizing on the fact there is no current college football game and while I will have to use fake colleges, I'm excited for it. I'm hoping someone will create all the current rosters for real colleges we can download and use. I just want college football back lol. Anyone interested in this?
CrottyKid
AG
If you can recruit like you could on the EA version, I'm in.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
I'm a Patreon supporter for this game. They just released a sneak preview of what the updated player models will look like this morning to those that are supporting the game through Patreon. It's REALLY good; a night and day difference from last year's version of the game.

You will be able to edit the team names, logos, uniforms, and players for each team. The only issue now is that there doesn't seem to be a way to share those creations with everyone else.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
CrottyKid said:

If you can recruit like you could on the EA version, I'm in.
You're in luck, check out the screens from their new Dynasty mode:

Not a Bot
AG
I'm in.
Gomer95
AG
I think they are banking on the people missing NCAA Football so they probably will do well. It looks kind of cool too.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Just an update on this game - yesterday they released screenshots of the updated player models for this years game.

Here is a comparison that shows this years version of the game compared to last years:

The game had made HUGE strides from last year to this year. This is what they have been able to achieve in just one year:
  • Signed Doug Flutie to be on the cover
  • Recorded motion capture animation and made changes to gameplay
  • Updated player models (see above)
  • Got Phenom Elite jerseys, cleats, & gloves to be in the game
  • Got Xenith helmets & facemasks to be in the game
  • Added a college dynasty mode (THIS CANNOT BE OVERSTATED)

Also, keep in mind that this game is only being developed by 1 full-time developer, 2 part-time developers (they have other full-time jobs), and 2 interns. It's quite remarkable what they are able to do with such a small team. I really look forward to what these guys can do once they get a have more resources and a bigger budget.
NC2001
AG
I wish this came out on the Nintendo Switch.
Luke Smith
What's the timeframe for release?
Gomer95
AG
I've only seen "in September 2019".
Bobby Jimbo
AG
NC2001 said:

I wish this came out on the Nintendo Switch.
The developers approached Nintendo, but Nintendo has no desire to have a simulation football video game on the Switch. Would have been awesome. Maybe Nintendo's mind will change in the future.
Silky Johnston
I bought a Switch and have barely played it. If there was a decent football game that was handheld, I would never put it down.
Gomer95
AG
This comes out today. Anyone getting it?
nickstro66
AG
I'll be getting it this weekend. Really looking forward to this. Hoping it sells well enough to get the NCAA's attention.
Gomer95
AG
Me too. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of folks order it and then EA starts scrambling "uh well uh we have the real product that's better uh buy ours for $$$$$ too" as opposed to them not doing anything because of lack of competition.
PooDoo
AG
Watched a couple of streams.... Oof. The last EA NCAA game looks better.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I watched some reviews on YouTube and it looks pretty rough
Not a Bot
AG
Gameplay looks unbelievably bad. Almost like it was animated as part of some high school computer science class. You can tell it was created on a very, very tiny budget.

However, I think the menus look good and it has some potential. They put quite a bit of emphasis into the off-field stuff like recruiting and team creation.
Gomer95
AG
Well I was excited and bought it on Day 1 and the gameplay is atrocious. It's like a PS1 game in that it feels clunky. But the other poster is correct the menus are great and the whole thing did show potential considering 3 guys made it but I wish I would have waited to know that before I bought it. I'll just chalk it up to I donated $30 to some good intentioned folks that were trying to not be the EA monopoly and make a fun game. Luckily I don't make a habit of doing that.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Unfortunately, that is the reality of playing a game that is made by 1 full-time developer and 2 part-timers. However, they are currently working on updates to fix a lot of the issues. They are going to reinvest the profits made from the game into pushing out updates and creating a better game for next year. It's a rough start, but it will get better.

Think of it this way - EA has thousands of employees. The fact that this game is even fractionally comparable to NCAA 14 means that this extremely small team is on the right track.

On a positive note, I was able to pretty much create the '98 uniforms for Texas A&M.
CDub06
AG
I had to search for gameplay footage and yikes...

https://www.ccn.com/fake-a-madden-gamers-roast-terrible-doug-fluties-maximum-football-2019/
jckrjr7
AG
It has promise. I played it for a few hours on Friday and there were a lot of things about the run game I enjoyed. Passing was a mess though. One more year and the recruiting could be very similar to NCAA was back in the day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.