Sit/Stand Desk solutions that keep my workspace clear (and no clamps)

1,214 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cjsag94
Celee04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to find this has proven challenging. I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=17828

It would be perfect except that it clamps down and I have a glass top that the powers will not allow me to remove.
I spend a good deal of time reviewing full scale architectural drawings and need something that will allow me to lay those out if need be (which eliminates 99% of what i've seen).

Any suggestions? Please help
chigger
AG
That is tough. We have one user with a solution like you linked and it is very wobbly. I don't like it. She's not super fond of it either but deals with it. Most of our users have Varidesk ones that sit on top of the desk and are very stable. With your space requirements those may not work. They have a few other solutions though so maybe one would work if you haven't already tried them.
Aggietaco
AG
The desk top solutions are all silly to me. I've bought a few height adjustable desks and built a few with various legs, but it sounds like a new desk isn't an option for you.
Frisco
AG
I use a varidesk at the office. It sits in top of my cubicle and works really well. No clamps and is very sturdy
JSKolache
AG
We got varidesks and I hate it. I don't stand up ever. This thing is huge & zaps a ton of workspace from my desk. Wish the keyboard shelf were removable & I could get some space back. Damn thing is 4 ft wide.
Celee04
AG
yes that's exactly why the varidesk is not appealing to me at all
tamusc
AG
I don't think there's really any other options with a glass top then unless you can swap out the frame for something with a lift built in.
eric76
AG
I've thought about just putting up cabinet or something with a computer on top at a good height for me and an extra computer on that.
eric76
AG
How about an adjustable desk:

Celee04
AG
Unfortunately I can't get rid of my current office furniture.
cjsag94
AG
I use this...but doesn't free up your desk. Benefit to this model was it was the smallest footprint I could find, and the X frame on the bottom was necessary as it is against a wall (needed it to go straight up and down). Also, it is the shallowest I've found, so didn't stick out in front of desk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JYG2TB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.