HBO Go Overseas

674 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by devastor
SPullig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

So, I'm about to spend a year overseas for work. Is there a way to watch HBO Go while I am gone?
aezmvp
Depending on where you are you might be able to VPN as the US? I'm pretty sure Netflix disabled this. Not sure about HBO, they're a little more lackadaisical about that.
SPullig
Ok, figured I'd have to do something like that. Netflix worked last week for me in the U.K., so I'm set on it I hope. Any good websites in the VPN process? I understand the concept but not the process.
devastor
AG
I am overseas on assignment and there are definitely ways to see what you want to see including live tv (ahemm KODI), but if you want to use services like HBO GO, DIRECTVNOW, AMAZON PRIME, etc. it will have to be through VPN services. What sucks about this is two variables; how good is the VPN you pick and how good is the service to detect certain VPNs. Netflix is the best at limiting VPNs to work. But MOST stuff on Netflix is available for the country I'm in, so not that much of an issue. .

I cannot tell you which VPN is the one to use for HBO GO (should be able to google it) but majority of the EXPATS here use ExpressVPN or IPVANISH.

There is also another service, called UNLOCATOR that uses SmartDNS tech to essentially block your IP so you will never get a geo block error. They also state what services will work. HBO GO is listed on there, so look into this instead of a VPN. Click here: UNLOCATOR WEB SITE

I also recommend getting a FREE USTVNOW account. Lets you stream 7 channels for free (ABC,NBC,CBS, etc) and you can get a paid subscription for like 28 more channels. Service was made specifically for our Military and American Expats.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.