A&M opener at COSM, 87 Foot Dome LCD TV.

1,116 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Spaceship
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
COSM, a Los Angeles based entertainment company has a "Mini Sphere" at Grandscape in The Colony just outside of Dallas.

Starts at 77.00 Bucks for the Clemson Georgia game or A&M Notre Dame game.

Recliner Seats. Enhanced Stereo. Food / Beverage service.

Would you be interested in this?
wangus12
AG
I saw a video from the one in LA for the Premier League opener this weekend. Its looks awesome, but pricey when I can watch at home
Vince Blake
It looks pretty wild. Curious to hear the thoughts from those that go see the Ags/Irish game.

Looks like they have a couple of educational showings, I might take my kids to those.
Spaceship
AG
Got my tickets. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
IrishAg
Spaceship said:

Got my tickets. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Would love to hear a review! I almost bought tickets, but decided to wait for maybe the Florida game.
Southlake
ND game starts at 77.00.

Article said prices normally would be around 30.00. That's doable to check it out.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Are they going to pick a couple of games to show every Saturday? I'm out of town this weekend, but the website makes this place look awesome.
imjustsayin
AG
Amazing views.. crummy outcome, but incredible experience.

IrishAg
So it was a custom feed and not the TV broadcast?
Spaceship
AG
We went and sat on the 3rd level. It's definitely a unique and cool experience. COSM has their own cameras (4-5) in the stadium showing the main feed, and then they had the ESPN feed in the corners with the audio playing so you heard the telecast. From what I could tell, the 2nd level is definitely the best for viewing, as the vertically curved screen makes the angles from below and above a little suboptimal. I think it will get better as they find better camera placements in the stadium.

The venue is very nice, and food/seats/etc were top notch. It's not cheap but definitely a cool experience for maybe one game per season. I would recommend it for sure, especially if you can sit on level 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.