Is the NFL rigged?

1,519 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arian Foster claims it is

Quote:

"We were really dedicated to it. So, it was more so like that's what practice was about it was about practicing the script. This is what goes on, this is what we have to do … WWF, so it's like we know what's going to happen. You still gotta put on a show," the four-time Pro Bowl running back.

I can get on board with it being rigged to an extent (ie refs giving special treatment to players or teams at the direction of NFL brass) but not like what he's claiming. No way

Then you throw in who it's coming from and it's even more unbelievable.
IrishAg
The article title is "Ex-NFL star Arian Foster sarcastically explains how the 'NFL is rigged'"

So I'm going with satire there.

I don't think it's rigged from a league perspective, but I do think biases are really starting to show up a lot in how the games are called, and they need to get out in front of that fast. But no, it's no where near to something like the NBA that seems to actively promote specific players and teams at a league level.
Matsui
AG
not rigged
Panama Red
AG
You thought he was being serious? Really?
TyHolden
AG
The last game certainly has some bias in it....
LB12Diamond
AG
Maybe not rigged

But I would not be shocked if some refs are tied to the mafia for gambling purposes.
W
AG
generally speaking...I don't think the NFL is rigged.

because if it were...the league would not let a team from flyover country dominate one of its conferences like the Chiefs have for the past 5 years --- and will continue to do.

a rigged league would be helping the Jets, Giants, Rams, Chargers, etc.., at every turn.

similar to what MLB does --- everything in favor of the west and east coast teams
Iowaggie
AG
Correct. For the last 25 years, the Bears, Redskins and Cowboys would have made the Super Bowl a whole lot more than teams from Atlanta, St. Louis, Tampa, New Orleans and Charlotte.

It is impossible to not have a bias as an official. Ryan Tannehill does not receive the same calls going out of bounds or in the pocket that Tom Brady did. But, the NFL isn't too bad. I think the top college football programs benefit more than any NFL team.

However, if I wanted to fix games as an official, I sure wouldn't do it at an NFL level. I'd go to the MAC or Sun Belt where dozens of fans are watching your game, and your supervisor doesn't have 12 cameras to review your work like the NFL does.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.