Where are we taking TEs this year?

1,012 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Enviroag02
Zachary Klement
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am really debating snagging Mark Andrews in the third or Kyle Pitts in the fourth if they are there. That positional advantage is pretty nice, but I am not sure if it is worth it or not.

Otherwise thinking Dallas Goedert or Zach Ertz a bit later on. What are y'all thinking?
txagman1998
AG
I ran a couple of 12 team mock drafts recently and Kelce and Andrews went mid-2nd round. Thus, you need a mid-round draft position to get those guys at their ADP. You can get Pitts mid/late 3rd, maybe early 4th. Schultz, Kittle, and Waller will go in the mid rounds, with Goedert and Ertz after that. If you decide to completely punt on TE, then you will want to target Kmet, Hooper, Albert O, and Njoku in the double digit rounds.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Im staying away from the early picks.

Grab Shultz at pick 65-70ish

Or I wait till I can grab goedart/Knox after pick 95 if they fall.

If I miss all three I grab baby gronk after pick 110

Haven't missed on those yet, but if I missed all three I think Everett is going to be a steal later on. Also the Denver te with the long name
TX_Aggie37
AG
Possible underrated TE target would be Cole Kmet and he's very cheap. Guy had 600+ yards in a brutal offense last year. Somehow he didn't score any TDs so he should be in line to improve there. It's pretty much Mooney and Kmet for Fields to target.
Turk Turkleton
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Possible underrated TE target would be Cole Kmet and he's very cheap. Guy had 600+ yards in a brutal offense last year. Somehow he didn't score any TDs so he should be in line to improve there. It's pretty much Mooney and Kmet for Fields to target.
I'm with this guy. I'm holding out for Kmet late (though if Pitts was available in the 4th I would have to think long and hard about it). Fields will be better, less TE competition for catches, plus he had 60(!) catches last year with no TDs. That's bad luck. I expect some regression towards the mean.
carl spacklers hat
Picked up Kmet in the 9th round in my 12-team league. Kelce went #3 overall (I know, got some fish in my league), some of that due to keepers taking some premium players off the board. Andrews went 28 overall, Kittle 29 overall and Pitts 32 overall. Funny seeing how people start reaching for players when a run starts on a position. My league tends to go early on QBs and this year went early on TEs.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
TX_Aggie37
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

It seems I was very very wrong...
agdaddy04
AG
Gave up on Pitts. With Mariotta under center, just don't see it getting much better in ATL
carl spacklers hat
Yep, me, too. Didn't think Chicago would be THIS dreadful. Dropped Kmet for Logan Thomas. TE has started out especially thin this year. Kelce and Andrews are the only reliable TE1s
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
txagman1998
AG
Yeah, TE has been really tough for everybody (except those that have Kelse). I drafted Schultz in both of my leagues. Given his unclear status for Monday night, I was able to pick up Irv Smith Jr in one league and Gerald Everett in the other.
Coachbro20
I have Waller and he has been dependable.
TX_Aggie37
AG
That's the exact move I made in all 3 of my leagues. Kmet for Thomas. Fortunately in one of my leagues I have Kelce and took Kmet super late purely for potential upside so if he popped I could maybe trade Kelce. The other 2 I was relying on being right about Kmet…
Enviroag02
AG
I should have known not to take both Andrews and Waller. No one is willing to trade for Waller.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.