Way too early trade advice needed

961 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag by Vows
baseball_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
STD scoring, non-PPR

He wants A. Gibson for Darrel Henderson and Allen Robinson

I feel like I'd need something near Joe Mixons value to consider trading Gibson. He had a less than stellar week, but this feels like a buy-low proposal on Gibson. I'm not sure how Fitzmagic being injured really affects Gibson's value.

My team :
QB : Hebert, Tannehill
RB : Kamara, Gibson, Robinson, Jones, Jr
WR: K. Allen, Tee Higgins, OBJ, Mike Williams, Pittman
TE: Kittle, Gesicki

His Team:
QB : Brady, Stafford
RB : Cook, Mixon, Henderson, Eli Mitchell (being traded away), L. Murray, T. Coleman
WR: J. Jefferson, Allen Robinson, D,. Johnson, M. Callaway, C. Davis
TE : Higbee
W
AG
I would probably hold onto Gibson. It's only week 2.

would also consider going all-in with the Chargers passing game the next 2 or 3 weeks -- start both WR's
Daddy-O5
AG
Gonna piggy back on this thread, anyone think Jacobs is a sell high candidate? Points propped up by TD's. Didn't look stellar, just good enough, Drake cutting into touches.
Daddy-O5
AG
As for OP I agree with W. Hang onto Gibson, I'm not replacing any of your WR's with A-Rob automatically and you're reacting to Week 1 only for the RB trade off. Unless it's a clear upgrade (which is isn't) I tend to keep what I've got.
W
AG
Jacobs is a tough one. He is the goal line back in Vegas...and the Raiders are going to be in plenty of high-scoring games. But with his o-line, he may not rush for 1,000 yards
TX_Aggie37
AG
Here's what I know about Josh Jacobs prior to this season:

• 17 of his 19 TDs were scored in wins.
  • He has averaged 21 fantasy ppg in wins and 10 in losses (not sure if PPR or standard)
  • He has one career 3rd down target and was 80th in 3rd down routes run (either career or last season, don't remember)

These are stats I wrote down in my phone prior to all my drafts, and the source was one of the fantasy XM radio shows while I was driving so some of my numbers might be slightly off. I faded him this year because I think ultimately he will be pretty TD dependent on a mediocre team that will be forced to throw a lot. If you can get good value I would probably trade him.
W
AG
yes, Jacobs is a guy you want on your team as a weekly flex play / option. Not as your RB2
Ag by Vows
baseball_ag said:

STD scoring, non-PPR

He wants A. Gibson for Darrel Henderson and Allen Robinson

I feel like I'd need something near Joe Mixons value to consider trading Gibson. He had a less than stellar week, but this feels like a buy-low proposal on Gibson. I'm not sure how Fitzmagic being injured really affects Gibson's value.

My team :
QB : Hebert, Tannehill
RB : Kamara, Gibson, Robinson, Jones, Jr
WR: K. Allen, Tee Higgins, OBJ, Mike Williams, Pittman
TE: Kittle, Gesicki

His Team:
QB : Brady, Stafford
RB : Cook, Mixon, Henderson, Eli Mitchell (being traded away), L. Murray, T. Coleman
WR: J. Jefferson, Allen Robinson, D,. Johnson, M. Callaway, C. Davis
TE : Higbee

Honestly, I would do this if I was you. I don't think the drop off from Gibson to A Rob is that big. Then you get Henderson to make up for the gap. A Rob will do more to boost your WR lineup, than the drop off from Gibson to Henderson (who's in an awesome offense). If I was him, there's no way I'd give up Mixon unless I'm getting Gibson and Kittle, and maybe throwing in another minor piece on top of Mixon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.