Are the steelers the best team in the NFL?

2,896 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by W
IrishAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sitting here watching them start to beat down the titans, and I suddenly asked myself are the steelers the best team in the NFL and... how the hell did that happen?
MookieBlaylock
AG
No they are not
W
AG
yes, after they acquire the final Watt
ApachePilot
AG

SgtBarbarossa
Bunk Moreland
The Bush injury is going to hurt. As a Steelers fan I'd like to see them to find a LB before the trade deadline.

As for where the Steelers fall in power rankings...if they finish a 3 week run of W vs CLE, w @ TEN, w @ BAL I'm willing to consider them over the Chiefs but for now it's KC even with their weird game vs LV.
TheCougarHunter
AG
W said:

That would be epic
Iowaggie
AG
As of now, they are the best team, however, the best team in September and October doesn't always mean the best team at the end of the season. It's a long season.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Steelers are the only undefeated team, but I think the Chiefs will surpass them for the AFC's No. 1 seed. With the new NFL playoff format, only the top seeds from the AFC and NFC receive a first round bye, making the No. 1 seed more critical for a Super Bowl appearance. Teams that have earned a first-round bye have represented the AFC and the NFC in the Super Bowl in each of the past seven years, with no wild-card team going to the Super Bowl since the 2012 Baltimore Ravens (they defeated San Francisco in Super Bowl XLVII).
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
When push comes to shove, I'd take Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs. Right now, the Chiefs and Titans cannot trust their kickers.
Daddy-O5
AG
W said:

Would be the only acceptable result of JJ inevitably leaving Houston.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Saint Pablo
MuckRaker96 said:

When push comes to shove, I'd take Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs. Right now, the Chiefs and Titans cannot trust their kickers.
What do you mean? Harrison Butker is 13/14 on the year and 109/121 for his career?
boy09
AG
He's currently below 80% for the season on XPs though.
Saint Pablo
boy09 said:

He's currently below 80% for the season on XPs though.
Oof my bad. How do you hit a 58 yarder and miss a PAT?!
Squirrel Master
AG
Not sure I buy the thinking that a few missed XPs swings my feelings about the Chiefs. They rolled the Ravens a month ago, but kicker is swinging your personal power rankings?
Bunk Moreland
A horrible offensive start and outside the opening drive a bad defensive start, facing a division rival coming off the bye on the road and the Steelers still found a way to win.

With @dal, vs cincy @jax the next 3...good chance Pitt is 10-0 going into a home game with the Ravens.
CrottyKid
AG
Not sure, but Seattle is running away w the NFC.
RodTidwell
CrottyKid said:

Not sure, but Seattle is running away w the NFC.
I'd pump the brakes on saying they are "running away" from the NFC when 6 teams are within a game and half. They were a loss away yesterday from being in 2nd place in the the West based on head to head. At the moment they are team to beat but "running away", I don't see that.
Ranger222
AG
Seattle's pass defense is so bad. They give up the most scoring to opposing WRs in the NFL (primarily a fantasy football stat). That's going to make them vulnerable every single week.

The Steelers are one of the most balanced teams in the NFL with a great offense and great defensive front seven that will put pressure on opposing passing offenses, but the Chiefs are still the best NFL team. Their offense has actually been disappointing -- seems like they are kinda going through the motions and trying stuff out but I have faith they will kick it on towards the last part of the season. More importantly for them their defensive play has been good and they also have the specials team, both in the return game and kicking.
W
AG
it will be an exciting race in the AFC for the #1 seed, since that is the only bye.

Pittsburgh and Kansas City do not play this year.

the Chiefs loss was a division game, so slight edge to the Steelers at the moment. If both finish 15-1, the tiebreaker may come down to common opponents.

unfortunately for the Steelers, they don't play the Raiders -- the team that beat KC.

if Pittsburgh drops a game...hopefully it's not to the Ravens or Bills --- two teams the Chiefs have already defeated
W
AG
so with 6 weeks to go...

Steelers are 10-0. Chiefs are 9-1.

Pittsburgh made it unscathed through the Cowboys, Bengals, and Jaguars. Now the schedule toughens up...starting with Thursday night's game against the Ravens
W
AG
it was a big win on Wednesday with regard to the common opponents tiebreaker.

Pittsburgh might have to lose twice for KC to get the #1 seed
redag06
May be the #1 seed, but don't think they are the best team. Their first true test might be the bills game next week.
CajunAg97
AG
Maacus
The Steelers and KC are the best. And NO may be there as well. I know my Dolphins are far from it - they have very little offense. I'd just like to see the fins win a playoff game and I'd be happy.
Maacus
CajunAg97 said:

LOL. The Cheshire Cat! He looks happy.
Bunk Moreland
Dupree now going down means 2 of their best 5 or 6 defenders are out for the year. Yes they're loaded but that one is going to hurt.

2 division leaders + a 9-3 Browns team in the final 5 games...I think they'll stumble somewhere before it's all said and done.
Bunk Moreland
And the record is gone.

Steelers got the shaft having to go weds - Mon while redskins got Thanksgiving Thursday - Monday but oh well.

They had this game won and gave it away. Still hold the 1 seed in afc but major flaws if they can't figure out how to run the ball
redag06
As I said they aren't the best team in the league. And the past few weeks, far from it.

Unless the chiefs lose another game or two don't see anyway that the afc doesn't run through Kansas City.
TyHolden
AG
WFT
Maacus
Glad to see the Steelers lose. The '72 Dolphins record stays intact.
Maacus
redag06 said:

As I said they aren't the best team in the league. And the past few weeks, far from it.

Unless the chiefs lose another game or two don't see anyway that the afc doesn't run through Kansas City.
The defending champions are the best team in the NFL.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I think the 11-1 defending Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs are the best team in the NFL. I am glad the the previously undefeated 11-0 Steelers lost to a 4-7 Washington Football Team 23-17 at home. The Steelers still hold the AFC's No. 1 seed because of a better conference record (8-0 Vs 9-1), but the Chiefs will probably surpass the Steelers for that seed. The best NFC teams are the New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers, and one of these teams should get the NFC's No. 1 seed.

redag06
By the time the season is over the Steelers may fall to the 4th seed.
BMX Bandit
I say no
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.