Over/Under $400 Million on Patrick Mahomes' New Deal

2,340 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by texagbeliever
cgarcia258
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pat Mahomes just signed a monster 10 year deal, no salary info yet. Any guesses as to how much the contract is worth??
investorAg83
AG
Over...easy.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
If it's under, then he needs to fire his agent.
BBQ4Me
AG
Over. It'll be a little low next year because the cap will go down due to COVID. But then it'll go up
lunchbox
investorAg83
AG
More than Trout's 426.5MM...
Farmer1906
AG
investorAg83 said:

More than Trout's 426.5MM...
Trout's is now less than that with the shortened 2020 season, but it is fully guaranteed short of work stoppages.
tk for tu juan
$450M with $140M guaranteed
lunchbox
ORAggieFan
BBQ4Me said:

Over. It'll be a little low next year because the cap will go down due to COVID. But then it'll go up
He was already under contract next year and the year after. This ten year extension has him committed for 12 years.
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BBQ4Me
AG
By the time he's done playing, he could take in $750M between salary and endorsements.
Iowaggie
AG
wangus12
AG
Better hope players will play for cheap with him
lunchbox
mts6175
AG
lunchbox said:

Good for him, but if it's all in roster bonuses, they can cut him and not have a bunch of dead cap money on their hands. $147 MM guaranteed is still stout though.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea from what I've read, the first 3 years are guaranteed. And everything through 2025 will be guaranteed at the beginning of 2023 if he's still on the team. And then the money basically guarantees a year ahead of time after that.

So it seems like a pretty good compromise by both sides. It's not like the chiefs are on the hook for the full contract and can get out well before the end of the contract. But they are 99.9% on the hook for everything through 2025 bc I can't imagine them cutting him before 2023.
W
AG
Mahomes is the perfect example of why a team should never be afraid to upgrade at QB...even if you already have an established veteran QB.

the Bengals picked John Ross at #9, because they were "committed" to Andy Dalton --- terrible, terrible mistake
lunchbox
. . .
The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes have restructured his agreement, giving him $210.6 million between 2023 and 2026, the most money in NFL history over a four season span. His compensation for those years is now guaranteed. Also, the Chiefs and Mahomes plan to re-visit the agreement again after the 2026 season, as told to ESPN by Equity Sports CEO, Chris Cabott, who negotiated the deal on behalf of Mahomes.

Iowaggie
AG
I wonder if they will do a bundle on the restructure and also redo MaAuto's deal as well?
texagbeliever
I'm just curious is it illegal for a company to be a sponsor both for an NFL team and for an individual player on that team.

Could the Chiefs make Subway the official lunch partner of the Chiefs with a discounted advertising deal? Subway then overpay for Mahomes/Jones/Kelce to be in their commercials (inflating their effective salary without a salary cap hit). Or maybe Chiefs overpay for a vendors goods and services because they have a long term deal with Mahomes.

Not saying Chiefs are guilty of this but I feel like there could be some gamesmanship. Especially since those top guys make absolute bank in advertisement.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.