IR slot becomes healthy - league drama

2,697 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oh no
Dawnguard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just trying to get some non-interested party opinions on this year's league drama

When a player goes off the IR list, the systems(yahoo, ESPN, NFL) in place allow that player to remain on the roster (in effect adding an extra bench slot) until a change in roster is made. The system doesn't attempt to correct this until a change in the roster is made.

Should the commish step in and force a drop to correct the problem?

If more than a week has passed and the formerly injured player scored points, should the commish modify the already set score or force the offender to forfeit the played game?

Is this simply a loophole in the rules that should result in a collective "meh" by the commissioner?
Ornithopter
AG
Notwithstanding a rule agreed upon beforehand - If the website you're on let's you do it, it's legal.

ApachePilot
AG
I'm impressed the person can leave the lineup unchanged that long. I wouldn't have an issue.
Ag_07
AG
I don't see what the big deal is

He's not currently using said player and when he does he'll have to drop someone.

It's the exact same thing as having him in the IR slot while he's injured.
ORAggieFan
The person is probably penalizing themselves not adjusting their lineup. Commish should not do anything.
oh no
AG
doesn't the system force a player drop (or force a correct roster size) if they ever try to move that formerly IR player out of the IR slot? I swear that's what Yahoo does.. so they cannot use him without dropping someone else?
Dawnguard
AG
DubFalls said:

Notwithstanding a rule agreed upon beforehand - If the website you're on let's you do it, it's legal.

Yeah, the arguing also goes: we agreed with 3 bench slots. This player now has 4. (And the drama is amplified because of the very tight bench - which is a double edged sword due to the lack of ability to change rosters). That being said, the system works in this manner, whereas a "punishment" was not within the previously agreed to rules.

oh no said:

doesn't the system force a player drop (or force a correct roster size) if they ever try to move that formerly IR player out of the IR slot? I swear that's what Yahoo does.. so they cannot use him without dropping someone else?

That's what I thought, but the most vocal party has screenshots where the player has moved the formerly IR person into a game and scored points while having the extra slot.

The drama is even more fun because it's the top two teams involved and playing each other this week (likely over first round bye) and the person starting the complaint is new to the league and calling the commish corrupt whereas the offending party has been in the league since it's inception
ORAggieFan
Wait, what? What site are you using?

You're saying a player that was on IR got moved to start and no other player had to be dropped? That doesn't seem right at all.
Saint Pablo
If they just left the player in the IR spot, it is fine.

But if they somehow were able to move players around, that is an issue...ESPN will force you to drop someone if you try to make any roster moves with a healthy player on IR.
ORAggieFan
Yeah, ESPN actually goes overboard. A few weeks I had someone that was obviously out for another week and he'd be marked as Q for a few days making it really hard to manage my roster, then Friday comes around and they are back to Out.
Saint Pablo
ORAggieFan said:

Yeah, ESPN actually goes overboard. A few weeks I had someone that was obviously out for another week and he'd be marked as Q for a few days making it really hard to manage my roster, then Friday comes around and they are back to Out.
That is a huge pain in this ass...have not had to deal with that this season
Dawnguard
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Wait, what? What site are you using?

You're saying a player that was on IR got moved to start and no other player had to be dropped? That doesn't seem right at all.

Yahoo apparently has been modified this season to allow it. My memory beforehand, and understanding has been that the player stayed in the IR slot -- but apparently this year it doesn't lock them down once healthy.
BenFiasco14
AG
silverleaf said:

DubFalls said:

Yeah, the arguing also goes: we agreed with 3 bench slots. This player now has 4. (And the drama is amplified because of the very tight bench - which is a double edged sword due to the lack of ability to change rosters). That being said, the system works in this manner, whereas a "punishment" was not within the previously agreed to rules.

oh no said:

That's what I thought, but the most vocal party has screenshots where the player has moved the formerly IR person into a game and scored points while having the extra slot.

The drama is even more fun because it's the top two teams involved and playing each other this week (likely over first round bye) and the person starting the complaint is new to the league and calling the commish corrupt whereas the offending party has been in the league since it's inception
"Corrupt"? My goodness, some people take this way too seriously. We have a few people like that in my half PPR league. It's humorous to observe for sure.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ac04
yahoo is so bad
Saint Pablo
ac04 said:

yahoo is so bad
I had some buddies that wanted to do a college fantasy league and we are doing it on yahoo...and I cannot fathom why anyone would prefer that to ESPN. The layout is repulsive, I feel like its 2001 every time I go to set my lineup.
sawthemoffxx
ac04 said:

yahoo is so bad
Love their layout more than every other site. However, what my league didn't know before this year was that Yahoo allows trading draft picks in redraft leagues.

We had a couple guys who had ****ty teams trade their best players for 1,2,3,4 etc. draft picks in next years draft to a couple teams who were already near the top of the league this year and subsequently had ridiculously stacked teams.

League was in uproar and people were threatening to move to other cities LOL.
boy09
AG
ORAggieFan said:

As far as i know, these are tied directly to team's injury reports. If the team hasn't officially ruled a player out, ESPN will reflect that. And players typically aren't officially ruled out until later in the week.
Hey...so.. um
sawthemoffxx said:

ac04 said:

yahoo is so bad
Love their layout more than every other site. However, what my league didn't know before this year was that Yahoo allows trading draft picks in redraft leagues.

We had a couple guys who had ****ty teams trade their best players for 1,2,3,4 etc. draft picks in next years draft to a couple teams who were already near the top of the league this year and subsequently had ridiculously stacked teams.

League was in uproar and people were threatening to move to other cities LOL.

That feature has to be enabled. The commish in your league added that and didnt tell anyone if I had to guess. They may have done it on accident, but it isn't default. I'm trying to get my league to okay this for next year. We also allow some keepers, so building for next year is a thing.
oh no
AG
so maybe i'll be testing the function on yahoo this week... i've had Marlon Mack in the IR slot for the past few weeks since he broke his hand. He was upgraded to 'healthy' today. Yahoo is not making me move him out of that IR slot right now, but I suspect if I try to make any roster moves at all, yahoo will make me do it, which will force me to drop a player on my full roster.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.