Trade Deadline Moves

1,989 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Farmer1906
Hey...so.. um
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our trade deadline is this Saturday.

This would be the first year I don't make a trade if I can't figure something out, but I can't find anyone to trade with that I think improves my team. Any suggestions for people to target.

Here is my Team

Mahomes, Wilson
CMC, Carson, Coleman, Latavius Murray, Darrel Henderson Jr.
M. Thomas, Edleman, JuJu, Aj Green
Hunter Henry
Lutz
Pittsburg Defense

It is a keeper league with odd rules, but I will most likely be keeping Thomas, Carson and Mahomes for 1st, 3rd and 5th picks respectively if I finish high in the league and therefore draft at the end of the round 1.

In 4th right now with the most points (which is the tiebreaker).
Saint Pablo
I'd see what kind of RB or WR you could get for Russell Wilson
Hey...so.. um
Saint Pablo said:

I might be able to get Lindsay for Wilson. I'm just not sure if that is enough with mahomes injury.
Saint Pablo
Hey...so.. um said:

Saint Pablo said:

I might be able to get Lindsay for Wilson. I'm just not sure if that is enough with mahomes injury.
Yeah I would not consider doing that. Lindsay would be the fourth best RB on your team, I would take the ability to pick and choose matchups between Mahomes and Wilson for the rest of the year.

You could try to package Wilson and Carson to get a higher end RB1, but I don't even think I would do that unless you were getting a great return. It may be best to hold tight unless you are able to get something crazy.
TxAG-010
AG
Considering trying to get a WR for Melvin Gordon. I have Hopkins and that's really the only WR1 on my roster.
Other receivers are Tate, M. brown, and Landry.

My other RBs are McCaffery, Elliott, Coleman, and I stashed Hunt.
Think I can get a WR1 for Gordon? Maybe target an Ekeler owner?

Edit: The Ekeler owner in my league has Diggs, Lockett, Melvin Jones, and Josh Gordon at WR.
Hey...so.. um
TxAG-010 said:

Considering trying to get a WR for Melvin Gordon. I have Hopkins and that's really the only WR1 on my roster.
Other receivers are Tate, M. brown, and Landry.

My other RBs are McCaffery, Elliott, Coleman, and I stashed Hunt.
Think I can get a WR1 for Gordon? Maybe target an Ekeler owner?

Edit: The Ekeler owner in my league has Diggs, Lockett, Melvin Jones, and Josh Gordon at WR.

Lockett would be a good get.
EliteZags
AG
Wilson and Edelman for a WR1
Hey...so.. um
EliteZags said:

Wilson and Edelman for a WR1

Edelman is the 9th highest scoring WR. Who do you suggest? Here are the 7 above him and the QBs of the teams that have them.

Evans- Tannehill
Lockett - Daniel jones (2nd place team, I dont want to trade with him to make him better)
Goodwin - Tannehill
Cupp - winston (basically edelman without brady)
Chark - minshew (dont want to trust this young player to continue to preform)
Cooper - stafford (possible, but this is my dad and people would say collusion)
Hopkins - Watson

So evans, goodwin or cooper. Who should I go after or should i go after them
TxAG-010
AG
Well....I offered Gordon for Lockett. They accepted.

I feel like this sets me up better for playoffs. I have two solid RBs in McCaffery and Elliott, and now two solid WR1 in Hopkins and Lockett.
Blindside05
AG
TxAG-010 said:

Well....I offered Gordon for Lockett. They accepted.

I feel like this sets me up better for playoffs. I have two solid RBs in McCaffery and Elliott, and now two solid WR1 in Hopkins and Lockett.
good trade. i have lockett and wouldnt have taken Gordon for him.

Full PPR, i offered John Brown for Brady. He also owns Brees and my QB is Josh Allen. My other WR are Evans, Hill, Golladay, Lockett, and Green. Thoughts?
TxAG-010
AG
I would think you will have to add something else to deal to get Brady.
Not that it makes sense....but for some reason people hold onto Brady just because of his name. People treat him as if they can't trade him, at least in my experience.
Blindside05
AG
Funny you say that, Ended up making a deal where I will get Brees for brown after this week bc he prefers Brady ROS
Ag_07
AG
So let it rip and tell me how I fared in my deadline move.

6-3 (T-1) in 10 team PPR
QB - Mahomes, Brees
RB - Ingram, Lindsay, Howard, Hunt
WR - Julio Jones, Odell, Sutton, Theilen, Parker
TE - Engram
K - Tucker
DEF - SF

With Engram ruled OUT for this week I dealt Mahomes for Darren Waller.

Probably not the best value but I've been trying to move Mahomes for a few weeks now and with Brees back I can ride him the rest of the way. I'm not sure Mahomes is 100% and his playoff schedule is rough. Plus it gets me a TE without having to drop anyone to add a garbage TE from waivers.
Saint Pablo
I would have grabbed Witten off of waivers and used him for two weeks before doing that. Should have gotten more value for Mahomes IMO.
Ag_07
AG
I looked at doing that but dropping anyone on my roster for Witten would've been worse value-wise.

Maybe Hunt would've been worth it but with BYEs I actually need him to play this week.

I agree that I didn't get the best value for Mahomes but I avoided dropping someone far more valuable than a fill-in like Witten.
Ag by Vows
I keep going back and forth on whether to offer this trade:

Give David Johnson to get James Connor. Connor has a nice upcoming schedule.

It would be to the last place guy who also has Drake. I have Jaylen Samuels. My concern is Connor being banged up a lot and perhaps not finishing games.

My concern with Johnson is that he's been really reliant on passing targets, and Drake taking too much of his work.

Appreciate any input.
Saint Pablo
Ag_07 said:

I looked at doing that but dropping anyone on my roster for Witten would've been worse value-wise.

Maybe Hunt would've been worth it but with BYEs I actually need him to play this week.

I agree that I didn't get the best value for Mahomes but I avoided dropping someone far more valuable than a fill-in like Witten.
I understand...I am an engram owner and facing a similar dilemma. Debating not picking anyone up right now and starting no one at TE.
Blindside05
AG
Tried to make this very trade last week. I'm a Samuels owner and was hesitant at first but then was ok with it bc I knew I would own the Steelers backfield rather than owning a handcuff and a rb possibly in a rbbc

He ended up not taking it though
Farmer1906
AG
Need a quick sanity check on this deal.

I give Kamara, Murray, and Diggs
I received McCaffrey.

I feel like my WR group is deep enough to give away Diggs. I have Evans, Lockett, Boyd, Gordon, Kirk, Harry, & Pascal.
Saint Pablo
Farmer1906 said:

I received McCaffrey.

I feel like my WR group is deep enough to give away Diggs. I have Evans, Lockett, Boyd, Gordon, Kirk, Harry, & Pascal.
Hell yeah!
Farmer1906
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Farmer1906 said:

I received McCaffrey.

Hell yeah!

Ended up doing
Kamara, Murray, Lockett (hates parting with him) for McCaffrey, McLaurin, & Tate. Then I flipped Diggs (horrible playoff schedule) for Adams (big time positive TD regression coming).

We run 2 flexes in this league. I feel pretty elite everywhere but RB2 (Singletary).
Hey...so.. um
I decided to not make any moves. I like the flexibility of having both Wilson and Mahomes.

I'm hoping I can get some production out of my flex spot each week. That is my only weakness.
Ag by Vows
So, the last place team turned down my offer of DJ for Conner.

Then, today he accepted Mixon and Curtis Samuel for Conner and Melvin Gordon from the second place team.

Needless to say, as the team in 3rd, I'm not pleased.
Farmer1906
AG
Yikes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.