I hope the pats win so Brady will retire.

3,467 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GMM
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I lothe the man more than any human on earth, but if he wins this one he for sure has to retire on top. Rams just don't even show up and give it to him so we can move on as a country.
AggieArcher17
AG
Brady not wired that way. He'll play until he can't anymore
SnowboardAg
AG
Brady will play for another two years
AggieIce
AG
I don't like the Patriots much, but love watching Brady play.

It is a strange dichotomy
Snake
AG
Just curious, why do you loathe him? I love watching him. I get it. There are greats I couldn't stand but Brady was never one.
Olsen
AG
He's not going to retire after this Super Bowl.
kb2001
AG
Snake said:

Just curious, why do you loathe him? I love watching him. I get it. There are greats I couldn't stand but Brady was never one.
Probably the same reason you can't stand some of the other greats
. . .
"I hope Alabama wins so Saban retires."
"I hope Patriots win so Brady and/or Belichick retire."

Yeah, except they keep winning & keep coming back for more.

Oh, we won a championship? Well let's go win another one next year.

(**** Alabama. **** Massachusetts & their sports teams. **** California & their sports teams.)
TyHolden
AG
I hope saints won so brees retires and Payton comes home
Shooz in Katy
AG
Alabama in silver and blue. Nauseating.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Snake said:

1. Tuck Rule
1B. Cheated on Ex Wife while pregnant
2. Spy gate
3. Deflate gate
4. Weak division
5. Boston
6. His brain is wired for contact #TB12Method
7. UGG Sponsorship
TyHolden
AG
Collard Greens said:

Snake said:

1. Tuck Rule
2. Spy gate
3. Deflate gate
4. Weak division
5. Boston
6. His brain is wired of contact #TB12Method
7. UGG Sponsorship

Agreed
bagger05
AG
Collard Greens said:

Snake said:

1. Tuck Rule
2. Spy gate
3. Deflate gate
4. Weak division
5. Boston
6. His brain is wired for contact #TB12Method
7. UGG Sponsorship

I didn't think Brady and his first kid's mom were ever married.
Grapesoda2525
I thought I heard somewhere that Brady wants to play until 45
rsf0626
F*** brady and the pats. Sick of having them in the superbowl every year
rsf0626
AgOutsideAustin
AG
America's Team in the Super Bowl....again
Reno Hightower
AOA, I regret that I have only one star to give you.
hph6203
AG
Snake said:

Tom Brady is the male version of Gweneth Paltrow. If that doesn't explain why some people don't like him, then you can probably find a cleanser on her website that you'd find extra enjoyable.
NyAggie
AG
Tired of bama
Tired of the pats

Time for some new blood at both levels

DeadCiv
AG
Love em, hate em, you've got to respect em.

Pumpkinhead
AG
DeadCiv said:

Love em, hate em, you've got to respect em.

Yeah, I used to hate Brady & Pats but I gradually more and more began to appreciate their greatness. It isn't quite like Saban at Bama where they can just recruit all the 5-star players, have more $ than 95% of the other football programs, and just reload with superior talent year after year. Saban is also incredibly impressive and college coach GOAT, but the Pats have kept this going for nearly two decades with low round draft picks year after year, ruthless cuts to meet cap limit, and Belichick/Tom Brady who are GOAT QB and NFL coach And Brady is now 41 years old! He is 8 years older than the COACH of the Rams.

When you see a historical great run in sports like this, rather than wishing it away, I've instead come to appreciate it while it lasts. May never see anyone else get close to what Tom Brady has done and is doing in my lifetime. If he were the starting QB of the Pats playing yet again in the Super Bowl three seasons from now at 45 years old, then okay then. God Bless Him for defeating Father Time like that.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Here is what Brady's dad said last night. Apparently, Tom Jr. isn't anywhere close yet to thinking about retirement.

Quote:

So Brady's off to his ninth Super Bowl in his 16th full season as Patriots starter, and his 18th year in the league, which is four more Super Bowl appearances than the quarterback who's second on that list (John Elway has five). And bad news, everyoneDad doesn't see son slowing down soon. When I asked if he knows how long Tom Jr. will keep playing, Brady Sr. answered, "I don't. I'm shocked that he's even playing today. But he says he wants three or four or five more years."

Quote:

"He loves every part of the process to play in a game like this," Brady Sr. said. "He loves the practice. He loves the camaraderie. He loves the team-building. He loves the offseason. He even loves his diet. He loves taking care of his body. The entire process is something he would partake of until he was 65 or 70 or 75 if he had the ability to do that. That being said, going on that, everything that he is doing is something that fits his desiresto be able to work out and eat well and feel good.

"So as many people have said, different people play football because they like to play football. He's a football player because the whole lifestyle fits exactly to what he plays and desires and enjoys. And that's all that I could say: There's nothing that he would rather do in his life than participate on a week-to-week basis and a year-to-year basis as he's doing."

AtlAg05
AG
I understand the hate, this is the most impressive aspect to me:

Quote:

He is set to make $15 million in base salary for the 2018 season. In March 2016, Brady signed a two-year, $41 million extension with more than $28 million in guarantees.

For comparison:
Quote:

Rodgers will make $33.5 million per season with his new deal. Under his current contract, Rodgers has a base salary of $19.8 million for this season and $20 million for 2019. Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports Rodgers will get $67 million before the end of 2018, and he will have around $103 million guaranteed

Quote:

Quarterback Matt Ryan on Thursday agreed to a five-year contract extension that includes an average annual salary of $30 million, and $100 million in guaranteed money, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations.

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
It doesn't hurt that Brady is married to a super model whose net worth about $360 million.

He can afford to play for a reduced salary, in order to help the team acquire more talent.
Synopsis
AggieIce said:

Me either as a Dolphins fan. I'm tired of them dominating the AFC East every damned year, but to be honest, all of the other teams in the AFC East absolutely SUCK. As for the OP, you better hope Billichick retires as well because I think he's a big part of the team's success.
AtlAg05
AG
That's the impressive part, he could be making a lot more but is team oriented.
HossAg
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

It doesn't hurt that Brady is married to a super model whose net worth about $360 million.

He can afford to play for a reduced salary, in order to help the team acquire more talent.

All of these guys can "afford" it. Egos will still prevail with most players. Brady not demanding a Rodgers type of salary should be respected.
Grapesoda2525
Synopsis said:

AggieIce said:

Me either as a Dolphins fan. I'm tired of them dominating the AFC East every damned year, but to be honest, all of the other teams in the AFC East absolutely SUCK. As for the OP, you better hope Billichick retires as well because I think he's a big part of the team's success.
It seems like the dolphins hire a new coach every other season.
redag06
Speaking of the AFC East, the Jets are now the only team in the AFC East to not achieve 3 super bowls in a row.

Phin's 3 in the 70's
Bills 4 in the 90's
Dad
AG
HossAg said:

All of these guys can "afford" it. Egos will still prevail with most players. Brady not demanding a Rodgers type of salary should be respected.

I concur.

Once you have made 50 million over your career making 10 million more a year is going to make almost zero difference in your life. Aaron Rodgers wanted that money more than he wanted to be a winner. Tom Brady is willing to make less for a few more wins per year.
Texan_Aggie
AG
aggie-master said:

HossAg said:

I concur.

Once you have made 50 million over your career making 10 million more a year is going to make almost zero difference in your life. Aaron Rodgers wanted that money more than he wanted to be a winner. Tom Brady is willing to make less for a few more wins per year.
I disagree. $10 million is still a boatload of money. You get used to having made $50 million, you'll want more if its available.
DallasAggie0
I've come to realize anyone who hates Brady is one of those sore losers who gets entirely too worked up over the most trivial ****

Federer, lebron, messi, ronaldo, brady, we are privileged to witness the greatest of all time in many of the top sports
ATM9000
AG

I know what your are saying...

But anybody who thinks Brady isn't getting benefits via funding avenue for his outside football ventures, extra salarying endorsements, etc. outside of the construct of the NFL salary cap from the Krafts and the Patriots is nuts.
The Lost
aggie-master said:

HossAg said:

I concur.

Rodgers also doesn't have a wife who makes more than him....
The Lost
ATM9000 said:

I know what your are saying...

But anybody who thinks Brady isn't getting benefits via funding avenue for his outside football ventures, extra salarying endorsements, etc. outside of the construct of the NFL salary cap from the Krafts and the Patriots is nuts.
Definitely true, but he's not a nation wide sponsor like you see rodgers w/ state farm. I bet aaron still makes more than him outside of football.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.