Was just offered Joe Mixon for Royce Freeman and Rex Burkhead

1,732 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tom Kazansky 2012
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a screaming take, right? Am I missing something? Mixon was taken top 30 and I took Freeman at 57 and Burkead at 97!
Removed:15444557
I would lean towards accepting that, however Burkhead looks like he is going to keep Michael out of the number one spot in NE. It is NE though so you never know what to expect there. High floor low ceiling for Burkhead. Could also be a sell high candidate the first couple of weeks if he plays well and Michael is still out or not performing well.

Booker doesnt look good so Freeman should be handling the bulk of the work there which is a positive for him. He seems like a high ceiling low floor guy.

Mixon still has Gio behind him for 3rd down work, who isn't all that terrible. I'd say Mixon has a high celing and a medium floor.

I wouldn't fault anyone for accepting or declining that trade, however if you already have a couple of other good RB's to pair with Mixon then I would lean towards accepting.
Saint Pablo
I have LeVeon, Jordan Howard, and Mark Ingram. I felt comfortable pulling the trigger
cjg89
AG
Royce will outscore Mixon in 2018. Poor trade choice imo.
Farmer1906
AG
Burkhead is my #1 sleeper.
Saint Pablo
cjg89 said:

Royce will outscore Mixon in 2018. Poor trade choice imo.
Based off of what? He hasn't even been named the starter yet and there is the very real possibility that even if he is, he shares carries with Booker. I haven't loved anything about Denver's offense since Manning retired.
Saint Pablo
Farmer1906 said:

Burkhead is my #1 sleeper.
I'm not a believer at all. No guaranteed consistency in NE and there are quite a few mouths to feed there...as always
piag94
AG
U got hosed. Royce is a stud.
Saint Pablo
piag94 said:

U got hosed. Royce is a stud.
Eh not losing too much sleep over it. Worst case, he ends up being better than Mixon and I have to play LeVeon Bell, Jordan Howard, and Mark Ingram II all year.

Just curious, what has everyone so sold on Freeman?
Removed:15444557
One thing to note in 2 for 1 trades like these is that he would now have an extra bench spot to pick up a flyer. It all depends on how you rank the players and whether the additional bench spot is worth it to you.

I still think Mixon > Royce > Burkhead and would think the trade is relatively balanced, however in a small bench league that may be enough for me to accept the trade more easily than I would in a deep bench since I could pick up a flyer like Nick Chubb, Nyheim Hines, Matt Breida, etc. In a large bench league that may make me slightly more hesitant to accept but it still would peak my interest since I could plan a week ahead for DST streamers for example if necessary.
piag94
AG
U do realize that Ingram is out for the first four games, then when he comes back, he will be a distant 2nd stringer...
Saint Pablo
Of course I am aware of his four game suspension.

He and Kamara are completely different backs and Ingram still gets 10-20 touches a game, is a factor in the passing game, and will likely receive late game carries and goal to go touches. It isn't like he is going to descend into irrelevance...he is 28 and coming off the best year of his career.
piag94
AG
No one really knows what will happen, but he isn't a factor in the passing game, and was terrible at goal line last year. AK lapped him in the 2nd half of the year.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Freeman and Burkhead will be studs this year. Way undervalued as far as ADP.,,

Cincinatti still has an ass O line and lots of question marks on O besides AJ Green.
Saint Pablo
piag94 said:

No one really knows what will happen, but he isn't a factor in the passing game, and was terrible at goal line last year. AK lapped him in the 2nd half of the year.
He has had 405, 319, and 416 receiving yards each of the last three years, so I would disagree.
Saint Pablo
Great Beard of Zeus said:

Cincinatti still has an ass O line and lots of question marks on O besides AJ Green.
Freeman very well could be. I don't see Burkhead as a sure thing all year long with so many other guys there, especially when Michel is good to go...but I did draft him at like 97 or something, so I would probably agree with you there
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Freeman very well could be. I don't see Burkhead as a sure thing all year long with so many other guys there, especially when Michel is good to go...but I did draft him at like 97 or something, so I would probably agree with you there
Yeah let me preface by saying--I won my league the last two years, in my tough league, and typically make playoffs most years (been playing since 2011). I go by two substantial rules above all else when I play:

#1: screw filling all positions in the draft,
A. Draft undervalued players, even if people will think they supposedly suck
B. Try to draft as many starting RBs as possible, especially in the middle rounds
C. I dont draft QBs, Defenses or Kickers--these are all filler positions on a week by week basis--the commish actually got mad at me last year because I just took flyer sleepers in the later rounds, instead of drafting a kicker and defense
D. I basically lose my first two weeks as I usually dont start a Kicker or Defense, I hang onto the best sleepers I can till Week 3 when some of those guys are good and others, it becomes apparent they are ass, my dude.

#2: waiver wire: I never use waiver priority for my "filler" positions like QB, Defense or kickers depending on who they play each week. I only use the priority for getting RB2s that are available that are cant miss guys.
The other part of the waiver wire is that by week 6, I only fill up with waiver guys who have incredible matchups for the playoffs and last weeks of the season (yahoo makes this really easy to track)
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Oh and I am certainly taking Christian Kirk in the last round when everyone else is drafting kickers
Saint Pablo

Oh and I am certainly taking Christian Kirk in the last round when everyone else is drafting kickers
LOL I have very very very strongly considered dropping David Njoku or Mohamed Sanu for him, but I feel like it is my Aggie bias taking over
Farmer1906
AG
Saint Pablo said:

LOL I have very very very strongly considered dropping David Njoku or Mohamed Sanu for him, but I feel like it is my Aggie bias taking over
I think Njoku is work having patience with.
Saint Pablo
Farmer1906 said:

Saint Pablo said:

I think Njoku is work having patience with.
I'm pretty high on him. I hope that he pans out so I can ship Delanie Walker off to a TE needy team later in the season in exchange for a WR
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I think Trey Burton is a steal for where he is going.

I think he ends up being this year's Ertz

I also like Njoku though, especially with the tendencies of Tyrod Taylor and Baker Mayfield.
cjg89
AG

This. Cincinnati is garbage. Denver upgraded QB and Freeman is a great fit for Denver's offense. He will be Denver's starter. Burkhead is a 3 down back in a great offense that plays in a horrible division. Both backs will perform better than Mixon.
ac04
insta-accept for me on the mixon side. easily the best player in the deal.
Saint Pablo
cjg89 said:

This. Cincinnati is garbage. Denver upgraded QB and Freeman is a great fit for Denver's offense. He will be Denver's starter. Burkhead is a 3 down back in a great offense that plays in a horrible division. Both backs will perform better than Mixon.
You think NE is confident in Burkhead as a 3 down back when they spent a first round pick on Sony Michel? They also still have James White and added Jeremy Hill. NE normally takes the RB by committee approach and I think that limits Burkhead's potential ceiling for the entire season.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Saint Pablo said:

cjg89 said:

You think NE is confident in Burkhead as a 3 down back when they spent a first round pick on Sony Michel? They also still have James White and added Jeremy Hill. NE normally takes the RB by committee approach and I think that limits Burkhead's potential ceiling for the entire season.
I don't agree with burkhead being a three down back, but he scores and gets 3rd down work a ton. With injuries and NE's revolving door of backs under behlicheck, I think he will be great as a flex play many weeks.

Let me be clear that I would never wait to draft burkhead as an RB2
Saint Pablo

Saint Pablo said:

cjg89 said:

I don't agree with burkhead being a three down back, but he scores and gets 3rd down work a ton. With injuries and NE's revolving door of backs under behlicheck, I think he will be great as a flex play many weeks.

I think that is an accurate assessment for the most part. A great flex play many weeks. I just don't seem him being ultra consistent for the duration of the season.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Saint Pablo said:

cjg89 said:

I think that is an accurate assessment for the most part. A great flex play many weeks. I just don't seem him being ultra consistent for the duration of the season.
I would never put the word consistent in the same sentence as a patriots back under behlicheck.
Ranger222
AG
you (potentially) traded away two starting RBs for one. I'd personally take the Freeman + Burkhead side
Saint Pablo
Ranger222 said:

you (potentially) traded away two starting RBs for one. I'd personally take the Freeman + Burkhead side
The way I see it, I gained a RB2 who could be RB1 level at the price of two flex plays
Captmorg70
Saint Pablo said:

Ranger222 said:

The way I see it, I gained a RB2 who could be RB1 level at the price of two flex plays
This is the how I see the trade. Mixon has the talent to be an RB1. Also considering where you drafted the other 2 running backs, Mixon is probably a Flex/Bench guy behind other good running backs.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Mixon is going to be a huge bust this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.