When the Steelers release Antonio Brown to placate Roethlisberger is that the right

2,344 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ac04
ce1994
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
move? Quarterbacks are more important than wide receivers but how many more years does Roethlisberger have? Funny Big Ben is making this stand considering his past. But apparently Roethlisberger has told the Steelers either he goes or Brown does.

This will backfire.
CFTXAG10
AG
No offense to Big Ben, but even with Bell at running back if you take Brown out of the receiving group it looks like absolute sh**
ce1994
AG
Brown is not going to change because he is in it for himself but I would rather have him than not. He is the most dangerous deep threat in the NFL.
corleoneAg99
AG
Is there a link for this story? All I heard was a Tomlin presser where he basically said AB needed to make better choices?

ce1994
AG
Roethlisberger is hinting that he may retire.
corleoneAg99
AG
Also on deep threats, catches of 20+, AB is behind TY and Julio in total catches 28 to 27 to 22.

40+?

He had 3...leaders had 6 including but not limited to AJ Green and Odell.

corleoneAg99
AG
ce1994 said:

Roethlisberger is hinting that he may retire.

Right but a link to how that's tied to AB?
ce1994
AG
The sports shows are stirring the pot. Roethlisberger went nuclear on the coaching staff and players the other day. The media put one and one together and got Antonio Brown.
ac04
so big ben's demand is that the steelers get rid of one of the most dangerous offensive weapons in the entire NFL? cool story
ce1994
AG
Mike Greenberg was stirring the pot hard this morning about it.
W
AG
both Antonio and Big Ben will be with Pittsburgh next season
Ag_07
AG
The off week before the SB is when crazy shlt like this usually pops up.
Goldie Wilson
ce1994 said:

Mike Greenberg was stirring the pot hard this morning about it.
Less credibility than the guy talking about Romo for Talib
PatAg
AG
ce1994 said:

Brown is not going to change because he is in it for himself but I would rather have him than not. He is the most dangerous deep threat in the NFL.
and less of a danger to the women of Pittsburgh, am I right?
BBQ4Me
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
CBS Sports seems to think it's about Todd Haley, not AB.

Quote:

It raised an eyebrow or two, but while those remarks are getting traction nationwide, it was some of Roethlisberger's other thoughts that had ears burning among those close to the team. The fact that Big Ben opined about the Steelers being outcoached and some of his discussion of the play-calling from offensive coordinator Todd Haley was what had people there talking.
corleoneAg99
AG
Interesting.

Todd Haley isn't responsible for their defensive game plan that showed zero clue about how to deal with the Pats.

I think the Steelers issues lie with that side of the ball and then secondary to that, Lev Bell staying healthy.
Bunk Moreland

Quote:

On top of the sideshow that the video created, NFL Network reported that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had to confront Brown about "pouting" during Sunday's loss. Roethlisberger said in a radio interview this week that he "didn't remember" addressing Brown.

"We wouldn't be where we are without him," Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan. "I think (the distractions) overshadows the extra stuff, the hands up, the arms up, the frustrations, the pouting and stuff like that. He's a great football player and will continue to grow as we all need to."

Doesn't sound like a guy who is wanting to run his star WR off.
Bunk Moreland
corleoneAg99 said:

Interesting.

Todd Haley isn't responsible for their defensive game plan that showed zero clue about how to deal with the Pats.

I think the Steelers issues lie with that side of the ball and then secondary to that, Lev Bell staying healthy.

Steelers defense is very young in the backfield, but got a lot better as the year went on. They almost flipped the script from god-awful D to top 10 about halfway through the season.

However, I do agree completely that the issues were defensive, and it's the scheme. Butler runs that zone blitz scheme just like LeBeau did and Brady eats it up. You just can't do that against them, yet they stubbornly try every time.

I know Tomlin is a Tampa 2 guy, and he's tried to work more of that in since he has more influence over Butler than LeBeau, but even then it's a lot of zone schemes that require too much against a team like NE.

As far as the offense is concerned, the passing game lost a lot of chemistry when the offense slowly shifted to Leveon or bust. Some games worked out great, others were a dredge. What resulted were situations like in KC when they couldn't score TD's.

Pitt was good-not-great this year. I think Ben is just pissed overall because he's getting older, and all 3 guys were seemingly healthy entering the AFC title game, and the entire team laid an egg. Distractions, gameplanning, prep, & execution was all a factor so I think he's just calling it all out depending on what interview he's doing at the time.
CFTXAG10
AG
Bell tagged

Brown the highest paid WR, staying with Steelers
Bunk Moreland
4 years, $68mm. Worth it.
ac04
but i heard on ESPN radio that big ben gave them an ultimatum
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.