Fire Jason Garret

3,237 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
wreckitnow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Cowboys have no Identity and offense is a grab bag/ experiment. Need someone to utilise the talent right. Tellus, Choice, ... Barber on edge sweeps? Ok put the slowest back in and see if he can get to the edge...hmmm may be we trick them since they think barber will go in the middle.
harolds
Amen!!!
âne rouge
LeftyAg89
AG
"LEAVE HIM IN"
GvineAg89
AG
I am so sick of the cowboys starting off with what appears to be a good game plan, but as soon as we are behind by more than 7 points (regardless of how we got there), Garrett panics and just starts pulling stuff out of his arse (like calling that sweep crap for a recovering Barber, when you have Felix Jones sitting on the sideline.

I can't understand all the people wanting to get rid of Wade because they are so worried we will lose Garrett.
GEA89
AG
Fire Garrett...

Cut the biggest most worthless POS in the NFL Roy Williams... and find a way to start weeding out Romo..
Doc Hayworth
Cowboys will never get it done with Romo. He is too quick to panic and has really started to develop happy feet.
ce1994
AG
I must have watched a different game yesterday. I did not notice Romo losing his cool.
jr15aggie
AG
Wow, good thing you guys don't run an NFL team with your knee jerk reactions.

I can't believe we are hearing the "Romo can't get it done" comments again. For crying out loud, he was running for his life on EVERY play yesterday.

Truth of the matter is their big boys on the D-Line looked the part of having a weeks of rest and they just flat out beat the crap out of our O-Line. That was your ball game right there!!!!!
MSCAg
AG
Garrett generally schemes well, but he gets too cute. We had some big runs with Jones and also sending Barber between the tackles.

So what does he do, try to send Barber (with a bum knee) on a sweep. Run it till they stop you.
daryl gersch
AG
The vikings were attacking our left side guard and center, who both need to be replaced. #63 is just too light to stop a bull rush. Romo is not the problem, any qb back there would have the same problems.
Swabbie02
AG
I can under the Jason Garret stuff he really needs to learn to make adjustments. But Romo that is just dumb if his offensive line just showed up we might have won?
GvineAg89
AG
Romo was not the problem yesterday. Not many qb's could have done much better under the circumstances, IMHO. Sorry coaching and pathetic offensive line play were the big problems. Garrett will call a great game for a couple of series and then just make ridiculous play calls. When he starts getting away from the gameplan and trying to "trick" the defense, we get into trouble. When you have a kicker that is questionable at best after about 40 yards, why the hell do you choose to kick from 48 yards rather than go for it on 4th and 1??? WTF???
Macarthur
Goodness, some of you guys are really reactionary.

So what exactly is an OC supposed to do when his LT is out and his OL is getting their butts whipped?

Everyone does realize that they had the #2 offense in the league and won their division.

We lose to a very good team in a very tough place to play and we need to fire the OC and the QB? Good grief.
atfarmer
quote:
Cowboys will never get it done with Romo. He is too quick to panic and has really started to develop happy feet.

Everybody gets happy feet when they're up against the best dline in the NFL and the oline is utterly failing to protect you. How many sacks did Romo take? Six?
94chem
Romo has a 39-20 record as a starter, right? This includes a 1-3 record in play-off games. Seems pretty good to me.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
and find a way to start weeding out Romo..

does it hurt to be this dumb?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Cowboys will never get it done with Romo

seriously..does it hurt?

do you guys think franchise QBs grow on the trees at Valley Ranch?? do you guys not remember Q-Car, Hutch, Henson, Bledsoe, Vinny, etc...??

aside from that...did you even WATCH the game yesterday? apparently you did not. do you think ANY QB woulda stood a chance under that pressure yesterday? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady woulda had similar results. his o-line gave him NO TIME. i'm really sick of stupid people blaming Romo for events like yesterday simply cause they are following the "if the dallas cowboyse lose...its gotta be the QBs fault" logic.

go post somewhere else with your asinine attempted logic.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
and not only was it pressure from the Vikes..it was the worst kind of pressure. it was pressure from FOUR GUYS at all times. its not like they were getting to him with 5-6 guys each time.

do you understand what happens when a QB is getting obliterated by just 4 guys???! that means there are 7 other defenders left to cover 4-5 (at max) recieving options you've sent out into routes. do you really expect Romo to find any open recievers under those circumstances? get a clue.
AirborneAg04
Romo.

Wade should stay too. There's no one better sitting around waiting for the job, unless you want Campo back. He's won 70% of his games. He's the best D Coord. in the NFL.

I like this team. Just need to keep improving and get the right mindset.

We need to find a couple more "Brookings". Wonder if Dawkins still has a season in the tank.
corleoneAg99
AG
I'm not a Red fan, but seriously, with that oline, what do we expect? We could bring Bill Walsh in here and it would probably be about the same.

Does Red get cute a couple times a game and sometimes at the absolute worst time? Yeah, probably, but then again, show me an OC that doesn't outside of Tom Moore who gets to use the best QB of the era(maybe all time) and a badace oline.

Until they get better control of the trenches against the elite teams, it won't matter who's on the coaching staff, IMO.

P.S. The Romo bashing is 90% troll, i'm sure, but the 10% that isn't clearly i.d.'s the guys who know less than my wife about football.
Randy03
AG
quote:
Orlando Ayala Cant Read posted 1:48p, 01/18/10

and not only was it pressure from the Vikes..it was the worst kind of pressure. it was pressure from FOUR GUYS at all times. its not like they were getting to him with 5-6 guys each time.

do you understand what happens when a QB is getting obliterated by just 4 guys???! that means there are 7 other defenders left to cover 4-5 (at max) recieving options you've sent out into routes. do you really expect Romo to find any open recievers under those circumstances? get a clue.

quote:
Randy03 posted 2:36p, 01/12/10

I think that the Minnesota DL vs Dallas OL is even more tilted in favor of the Vikings than the Dallas DL vs Minnesota OL (with the caveat that Dallas blitzes a lot with LBs, whereas Minnesota gets pressure with the DL alone)

If the Vikings DL can handle Dallas early alone, it leaves them to play their game, which is playing a lot of zone and dropping people into coverage. Dallas's offense was much better suited to exploit a man defense like Philadelphia ..

Prediction thread is a goldmine of information
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
yup, you got it Randy..wish you hadn't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.