Job Network
Sponsored by

ECON degree

2,120 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JP76
DocTJC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need help. My son Class of 23 graduated with a degree in ECON. Every job he applies for wants experience or is 100% commission. Willing to do anything with numbers.(data analysis, data imputing, forecasting). Applied for bank teller,credit analysis with zero luck. Not really interested in sales but will do almost anything at this point. Can relocate(but can't on 100% commission) Any leads would be greatly appreciated!!
A little pain never hurt anybody
agnerd
AG
Have him get a list of companies that were at the most recent Econ career fair on campus and start there. Those companies were looking for new grads, and should be interested if they haven't filled all their spots.
DocTJC
AG
Where would he find that information?
TexAg1987
AggieSurveys - Reports (tamu.edu)

Here is a website that will give you a list of companies that have hired from that major each semester.
Dlove23
AG
I work for the Utility Commission and saw this posting come across my inbox the other day. Not my department, and I unfortunately don't know the director over there, so I won't be much help on that front.

I was in the same position as your son about a year ago. Persistency is key, and always good to remember that your first job isn't required to be your last job. Best of luck

https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/473/jobdetail.ftl?job=00043441&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
DocTJC
AG
Thanks and Gig'em
File5
AG
He should join the military - air force perhaps
DocTJC
AG
Mom says no.
aggiemom89
Check out capital farm credit website
FightinTAC08
AG
check the accounting firms or large corps. econ degrees can get in doing transfer pricing, valuation services and get the opportunity to deal with multistate and multinational businesses. might have to go the internship route with them first.

many of the accounting firms can get you working in any city, hybrid schedule good starting pay for a graduate. Texas Big 4 pays 70k+ out of school.

DocTJC
AG
Thank you
Wreckingcrew22
AG
No one is hiring. Just finished with my Master's in May and can't land an interview anywhere.
JABQ04
AG
DocTJC said:

Mom says no.

He's a college graduate….enlist + OCS = decent paying job and tons of real world experience. Mom should have zero say.
BiggiesLX
JABQ04 said:

DocTJC said:

Mom says no.

He's a college graduate….enlist + OCS = decent paying job and tons of real world experience.

Yup. I'd go Coast Guard, plus mom will chill

I'll also add that VA benefits are a game changer. Zero down for a new home and college assistance for your children with the Hazelwood act.
JABQ04
AG
BiggiesLX said:

JABQ04 said:

DocTJC said:

Mom says no.

He's a college graduate….enlist + OCS = decent paying job and tons of real world experience.

Yup. I'd go Coast Guard, plus mom will chill

I'll also add that VA benefits are a game changer. Zero down for a new home and college assistance for your children with the Hazelwood act.

Don't forget the new post 9/11 GI Bill. Serve long enough and can transfer benefits to children or spouse, or use it for an advanced degree.
JP76
https://www.bryantxjobs.com/postings/4060

"Experience with electric power systems, power system control centers, energy trading, or energy scheduling and load profiling is preferred, but not required"

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.