Job Network
Sponsored by

Any Ags at Murphy Oil?

2,232 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wrinkledink
wrinkledink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's one role I'm very interested in and I'm trying to get around the HR robot.

Thanks!
Petrino1
wrinkledink said:

There's one role I'm very interested in and I'm trying to get around the HR robot.

Thanks!
If you want to get around the HR robot, which Im not sure why, just look up the hiring manager on Linkedin and connect with him/her directly.
PincheDriller
AG
What role? Might be able to help
wrinkledink
AG
ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

Thanks!
If you want to get around the HR robot, which Im not sure why, just look up the hiring manager on Linkedin and connect with him/her directly.
The HR robot has no feelings and filters people out. Haven't had much luck finding the hiring manager but still looking.
wrinkledink
AG
PincheDriller said:

What role? Might be able to help
Sr. Geotechnical Analyst role. Please let me know. Much appreciated!
Petrino1
wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

Thanks!
The HR robot has no feelings and filters people out. Haven't had much luck finding the hiring manager but still looking.
Why do you think theyre filtering you out? If you are qualified for the role, then an HR person would be salivating all over your resume.
wrinkledink
AG
ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

Thanks!
Why do you think theyre filtering you out? If you are qualified for the role, then an HR person would be salivating all over your resume.

I don't think they are filtering me out. I still haven't heard from them and it could take a while. My understanding is that the HR robot/ATS scans CVs and looks for keywords and filters out the ones that don't meet the criteria/requirements. I would assume an HR person only looks at the CVs the ATS doesn't "throw out". I could be wrong since I'm not very familiar with those systems.
one MEEN Ag
AG
There could be other things built into the HR filter + HR human filter that has plausible deniability.

I've got a buddy whose resume wasn't getting any call backs. He rephrased his resume from 'team leadership example X' to 'DEI leadership example X.' Guy got a bunch more callbacks afterwards. He was just in charge of being the sounding board and doing team building crap to the shop floor guys and funneling up their negotiations to the center management (pay us more or we walk). But since he's cudgeled that into the 'inclusivity' part the HR reps have ate it up.
Petrino1
wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

Thanks!

I don't think they are filtering me out. I still haven't heard from them and it could take a while. My understanding is that the HR robot/ATS scans CVs and looks for keywords and filters out the ones that don't meet the criteria/requirements. I would assume an HR person only looks at the CVs the ATS doesn't "throw out". I could be wrong since I'm not very familiar with those systems.

This is false. There's no AI bot screening out your resume. That's a myth. For the most part, a recruiter views resumes and rejects or proceeds with the resumes that are qualified.
wrinkledink
AG
ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

ea1060 said:

wrinkledink said:

Thanks!

This is false. There's no AI bot screening out your resume. That's a myth. For the most part, a recruiter views resumes and rejects or proceeds with the resumes that are qualified.

Ahh good to know. Glad it actually works that way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.