Job Network
Sponsored by

Need side hustle due to job sent to Taiwan Anyone sell on Amazon?

3,878 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lunchbox
Texags84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My job at a large co in central texas was sent to Taiwan and many people let go and more cuts coming. Need a side hustle for about $2K mth to pay cobra insurance as I have 3 years before Medicare. Has anyone been successful selling on Amazon? I see a company ALGO and you buy merchandise from their vendor list and resale without holding inventory and shipping. I can image all the many downsides but casting a casting a line if anyone has some actual experience Thanks!
A1_Ag_95
RG20
Also, would like to know of any online opportunities for additional income that could potentially turn into a full time business.
The Milkman
AG
Is this like drop shipping? You are reselling something that is available on Amazon for a markup to people who don't know how to price-shop or look on Amazon? And then have the free shipping send it to them?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
RG20 said:

Also, would like to know of any online opportunities for additional income that could potentially turn into a full time business.
http://www.arise.com Remote call center type work
akaggie05
AG
How are folks doing with Uber Eats, Doordash, etc these days, now that everyone is ordering food to their house? I remember some discussion a while back on how Uber was a terrible proposition for actually making money. Wondering if the landscape has changed for home ______ delivery in 2020.
Texags84
AG
From what I see in ALGO it is not drop ship. You select and purchase from their list of vendors and set up online store but do not hold inventory. Looking for someone who might have tried this before or a similar service.
weebles2
AG
Texags84 said:

My job at a large co in central texas was sent to Taiwan and many people let go and more cuts coming. Need a side hustle for about $2K mth to pay cobra insurance as I have 3 years before Medicare. Has anyone been successful selling on Amazon? I see a company ALGO and you buy merchandise from their vendor list and resale without holding inventory and shipping. I can image all the many downsides but casting a casting a line if anyone has some actual experience Thanks!
Another way to cut expenses is to shop around for insurance other than Cobra. When I lost my job due to the Coronavirus, we were able to find medical and prescription insurance coverage for my wife and I for less than $900 per month.
cohibasymas
AG
Have you considered a health sharing ministry rather than Cobra? My wife and I have used Liberty Health Share for several years now. It's not perfect but has done the job for us. Our monthly fees for the family are going up to $500/mo from 350/mo in Oct but that's still pretty good.
Petrino1
akaggie05 said:

How are folks doing with Uber Eats, Doordash, etc these days, now that everyone is ordering food to their house? I remember some discussion a while back on how Uber was a terrible proposition for actually making money. Wondering if the landscape has changed for home ______ delivery in 2020.
Uber eats and all of the food delivery apps in general are super busy. You can make $800-$1000/week but you have to really hustle and put in a bunch of hours everyday.
Texags84
AG
Wife has had Melanoma surgery so has pre-existing condition. Would be very interested if an insurance company would cover cheaper than cobra. Email is jel1tx at gmail dot com. Still interested in any side hustle suggestions. thanks.
Diggity
AG
That's literally the definition of drop shipping
RCR06
AG
No personal experience with ALGO, but I've heard some cautionary tales about doing this type of thing. I don't think anything bad will happen, but I've heard its much more difficult than these companies make it seem. I guess my thought is if this was a good/easy way to make a couple grand a month then a lot more people would be doing it.
Texags84
AG
I think I will put on hold and keep searching for people with some actual experience before tying up any money. Thanks for feedback from everyone.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Texags84 said:

I think I will put on hold and keep searching for people with some actual experience before tying up any money. Thanks for feedback from everyone.
- Ecommence is accessible to anyone with a smart phone and most never take time to try to figure it out.

It's very basic SEO / Sales + most Amzaon and Ebay is AI and does alot of the work for you.

Open an Amazon store / Ebay Store , Sell 50 items and figure it out! It will make sense after you go thru the process and ship a few items

- Find a Niche that might interest you and open an Online Store.. If you Spend just 10 hours Just Doing It,,, you'll see. Literally just go buy 50 decent Books from Half Priced Books+ try to Sell them and mark it up as an experience to sell how it all works.

$2,000 Extra a Month means you need to find a way to move ~ $10k to $15k a month of online sales with something that has a healthy profit.

IDK about ALGO, but Uline boxes + Shipping Tape + Trip to FedEx + Printer is about all one really needs..

Texags84
AG
makes sense...thanks for suggestion and start at low and simple with steps provided looks like low risk
ABATTBQ11
AG
What did you do before?
lunchbox
Texags84 said:

makes sense...thanks for suggestion and start at low and simple with steps provided looks like low risk

I used to buy certain toys that were hard to find and sell them on eBay for a markup. Recently started doing it again with the Funko Pops bobble heads.

I was able to buy some Baby Yodas from Walmart for $8 shipped and sold them for $20. Most were sold on our regional Facebook buy/sell page. Saved a lot on shipping that way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.