Job Network
Sponsored by

How to Handle Two Potential Job Offers?

1,633 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Azeew
3rd and 2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm talking to two companies about employment. I've had two interviews with company #1 and one interview with company #2. I might be counting chickens, but I have a feeling company #1 will make an offer soon.

Assuming I want to go to work for both companies, if company #1 makes an offer do I take that offer to company #2 and tell 'em to match it or beat it? Or do I keep my cards close to my chest and just tell company #2 I've been made an offer and leave it up to them how to respond? Or is there a third option?

How would you handle this situation?

Petrino1
Who would you rather work for? Be upfront and tell company 2 you likely have another offer coming soon, and that you are on a tight timeline. If they want you bad enough, they will expedite the interview/offer process.
Vernada
AG
I wouldn't tell them to match or beat it. Tell them you have an offer and let them make an offer. If you're not happy with it, then you can show that card.

What you probably need to be asking yourself is: what if they are very comparable offers? Is your only concern $? Is it upward potential? stability? Work/life balance? etc?
Azeew
Which one do you want to work for?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.