Job Network
Sponsored by

****Air Force Ags Looking for Job in Aggieland****

4 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 12th Man
Air Force Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy everyone! I am currently on terminal leave and officially retire from the Air Force on 1 Dec 17 after 23 and 1/2 years of service to our great country. My family loves Aggieland and we are retiring here. I have been searching for academic staff or faculty jobs in Aggieland for the last few months and have had several interviews for positions on campus. However, I have not had any offers. I currently have three applications in for review at this time.Thus, I am now willing to expand my job hunt other jobs outside of Texas A&M. I can begin work ASAP.

I have over 23 years of experience as an Air Force Officer providing stellar leadership & management of critical missions from the small team level to large divisions. Additionally, throughout my career I have coordinated a wide array of highly successful Air Force projects and research programs. For the last three years, I was an Associate Professor of Aerospace Studies and the Director of Recruiting for Texas A&M Air Force ROTC. Specifically, I was responsible for the development & execution of all recruiting programs, and I ensured the commissioning of nearly 150 high-quality Air Force officers. For Fall 2017, we had a record number of recruits with 354. Finally, I have a fantastic track record of working with outside organizations to assist in meeting and exceeding the goals of my organization. For instance, I have collaborated closely with Jackie Sanchez (TEAB Director), Michelle Walker (Admissions Director), Mike Caruso (Athletic Department), the Corps of Cadets Commandant's Office, FAA, and multiple university colleges/departments on high-visibility projects/programs. Therefore, I believe that my experiences mentioned above have prepared me well to meet the rigorous demands of the open project coordinator position.

In addition to my formal work experience, I spearheaded a highly successful project working closely with Lockheed Martin and Mr. Rodney Boehm from the Texas A&M Engineering Department to get a US Air Force F-22 Fighter Jet Cockpit Demo system at the TAMU-hosted SpaceX Competition for 120 teams and over 1,000 guests. I supervised this project while juggling several others and teaching six Leadership classes per week. Please refer to the enclosed resume below, which provides more detailed information about my experience, education, and skills.

Thanks for the help in advance Ags!

God bless you all!

Cheers,

Neil (Doc AFA)

---------------------------------------------------------------

NEIL T. SANGER, Lt Col (Retired, USAF), PhD

College Station, TX 77845 (937) 974-9349 ntsanger72@gmail.com
____________________________________________________________________________________

OBJECTIVE: Seeking leadership/management, faculty, staff, human resources, or academic advisor position.

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Distinguished military career with 23+ years of leadership and management experience as Air Force (AF) Officer developing, administering, and implementing quality services and programs to effectively meet student & military members' needs, as well as key objectives of the United States Air Force. Over nine years of combined experience in recruiting, business, and higher education as Director of Recruiting for Texas A&M AFROTC (3), military leadership instructor (5), and President/CEO of my own company founded in Nov 2015. Long track record covering entire Air Force career of outstanding organizational, interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills, and ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.

EDUCATION
Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
Doctorate of Philosophy in Meteorology, Dec 11
Cumulative GPR: 3.9

Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Master of Science in Meteorology, Aug 99
Cumulative GPR: 3.4

University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Master of Human Relations, Aug 97
Cumulative GPR: 4.0

The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, Apr 94
Cumulative GPR: 3.0

EXPERIENCE
Air Force ROTC Detachment 805, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Associate Professor of Aerospace Studies & Director of Recruiting, Jul 14-Oct 17
Led recruiting at largest unit; revamped social media/planned 64 New Student Conf's--1.2K cadets.
Provided invaluable mentorship on daily basis for 1,200+ students both inside & outside classroom.
Inspired 120 H.S. kids w/opening speech/presentation of awards for 3 yrs. at TX Jr. Sci. Conference.
Organized monumental 4-Star General's mentorship/leadership talk & dinner w/over 100 cadets.
Pioneered development & instruction of Leadership Studies curriculum for over 150 students.
Designed 1st education agreement w/AF/Blinn/Texas A&M--retained 15 scholarships/$55K tuition.

Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, LA
Deputy Chief, Bomber Operations Division & Chief, Weather Operations, Jul 11-Jul 14
Mentored 100 military & civilians; gave leadership examples/career advice--met needs/fixed issues.
Instructed/coached 80 weather forecasters to protect 156 nuclear aircraft/450 missiles valued at $64B.
Guided 50 personnel to install $9M weather sensors at 45 missile sites--300% boost in key safety data.

Headquarters Air Force Weather Agency, Offutt Air Force Base, NE
Commander, 16th Weather Squadron, Sep 09-Jul 11
Handpicked to guide/mentor new 62-member unit--team won Air Force award for tech achievement.
Highly effective mentorship led to 56 awards from 600-person division up to 340K+ Air Force level.

Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
PhD Student, Jul 06-Sep 09
Educated 50 scientists/aircrew on best path to fly inside hurricanes during vital int'l experiment.
Led revolutionary hurricane research as lead scientist--1st article of year in reputable scientific journal.

Air Command & Staff College, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Leadership Studies Course Director, Dec 04-Jul 06
#1 of 5 instructors; chaired innovative Leadership faculty training--best student reviews in history!
Coached 200+ military students; provided career guidance/leadership advice--prepared future leaders.
Infused high-tech educational processes to create new mentorship/leadership program--students raved.
Engineered Secretary of the Air Force-directed 7-week leadership seminar--Air Force benchmark.

374th Airlift Wing (Pacific Air Forces), Yokota Air Base, Japan
Commander, 374th Operations Support Squadron Weather Flight, Jan 02-Nov 04
Guided 4K+ spot-on forecasts as deployed weather commander at key base--saved aircrews' life!
Ace mentor; 12-member team won 19 awds in 1 yr. for 150-person division up to 10K Air Force unit.
Mentored 30 forecasters to provide spot-on updates during 29 typhoons--protected $20B gov't assets.
#2 of 156 mentors; led save of $1.7M UH-1 during typhoon--won best team for 10K+ Air Force unit.

Air Force Combat Climatology Center (Air Force Weather Agency), Asheville, NC
Chief, Climatology Applications Team, Jun 99-Dec 01;
Expertly mentored 7 forecasters on busiest team--created 300+ products for gov't planners worldwide.
Coached team to assist President's decision to reopen Reagan Airport days after 9/11 w/vital study.
#1 of 7 mid-level leaders; produced key weather data to aid $1.6B drug interdiction in S. America.

Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Masters Student, Aug 97-May 99
Performed high wind/lightning research at Kennedy Space Ctr--improved forecasts for 1,200 sq miles.
Mentored newly commissioned US Air Force Academy students--ensured smooth transition for them.

51st Fighter Wing (Pacific Air Forces), Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
Instructor Meteorologist, Jun 96-Jul 97
Designed 1st-ever weather education course for two 100-member flying units--pilots weather smart.
Expertly instructed 15 to master target forecasting software--400% increase in certified personnel.

21st Air Support Operations Squadron (Air Combat Command)
Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) Staff Weather Officer, Jun 94-Jun 96
Planned weather strategy w/visiting Army/Navy/Marines/AF units--20 flawless combat exercises.
Instructed 15 personnel on new Regime Forecasting Course--increased forecast accuracy 10%.

ACTIVITIES
Catholic Lector/Religion Teacher/Altar Server Director/Eucharistic Minister Jun 94 - Present
Youth Sports Coach Apr 06 - Present
Elementary School Weather Presentations Mar 05 - Present

SKILLS/PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION
Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills; high level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Excel, electronic communication, and web-based applications; strong ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; energetic, self-starter with excellent organization and time-management skills; ability to work independently, cooperatively with a team/others, and with a diverse population; demonstrated ability to develop and manage constituent relationships; Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to travel extensively in United States and internationally; effective management of multiple programs/services, problem solving, project supervision, perseverance, leadership, critical thinking, charismatic, highly personable, proficient in WordPress Web Page Admin and managing Social Media pages.

Air Force junior, mid-level, and senior-level management schools; Academic Instructor School.

PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
American Meteorological Society Aug 97 - Present
Knights of Columbus Dec 01 - Present
Startup Aggieland Incubator & Accelerator Aug 15 - Present

HONORS AND AWARDS
Dean's List; 2003 Weather Flight of the Year for 10K+ Air Force unit
2009 Air Force Outstanding Technical Achievement in Weather Operations for entire 340K Air Force
Leadership Award for 600+ division; multiple mid-level/senior-level mgr of quarter/year for 600+ unit
Astroag
AG
That's how you do a "looking for a job" post

Bravo!!!

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
12th Man
AG
You've amassed an outstanding record of achievement, my friend, so I've no doubt something will happen for you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.