Job Network
Sponsored by

Do Not Work for the Ethos Group

23,450 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Mert2003
SaltyTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just realized how bad of a job I had fresh out of the gate, and that was the Ethos Group out of Las Colinas, TX. They are anything but ethical, and will take advantage of recent grads paying you low wages and long hours. If you know anyone that might be going to work for them, stay away.

"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."

AgLA06
AG
quote:
They are anything but ethical, and will take advantage of recent grads paying you low wages and long hours. If you know anyone that might be going to work for them, stay away.

I don't know anything about this outfit, but here is my opinion.

1) I don't think the internet is the place I would open myself up to slander. Especially without supporting information.

2) Low wages and long hours/ hard work goes hand and hand with young eager employees with no experience. It is why we have terms like cutting your teeth and learning the ropes. I'm not sure how an employer can take advantage of you if they are paying what you agreed to.

3) while you may be correct and have a legitimate beef, your post doesn't tell the story I think you are trying to convey.
agcrock2005
AG
Agree with AgLA06. Glassdoor might be more of an appropriate outlet, but I would be more specific in your writing. You just sound like someone who didn't get as big a raise as they wanted and wanted to *****.
Sooner Born
Agree with the above. It's a small world and this board isn't as anonymous as you wish it was.
InnerCityAg
BBDP
AG
" and will take advantage of recent grads paying you low wages and long hours"

You have much to learn.
SaltyTxAg
AG
Y'all crack me up. I just wanted to give any new grads a heads up to steer away from that company. My experience with the company was around 2008-2009. Anyway, they set me up by saying I was going to be training to be a financial analyst for a automotive group, but what they really did was throw me into a car dealership and let you file paperwork for the finance department and sell bogus extended warranties of a company that literally did not exist. Literally, you would call the number on the warranty paperwork, and the line would ring non stop. Also, if you didn't speak English too well, or the "finance manager" knew you couldn't read too well, they would add extra charges into your car deal and hope you never catch it. Oh, and another thing, I was working 60 hours a week on a $2,000 a month salary. Found out 5 weeks into the "training" that the 4 other guys they had in my spot before me quit, and I had stuck around the longest at the point. I was the dumbass that didn't see the light sooner, go me. My boss was a sleazy used car salesman, I quit one day when they tried to get me to forge some signatures of a customer who didn't sign some of their paperwork.

I found a job for a oilfield service company not long after that, worked as a field engineer for 3 years, working 70-90 hours a week, and making an honest living. I have since moved up in my company, so there you go. So yeah, sorry for not knowing what "hard work" is all about. I was just a spoiled college kid that didn't get the raise and promotion I was promised. This isn't slander or me being hostile towards the Ethos Group, I was merely letting new grads to not waste their time with them, from one Aggie to another. Now that I had more time to explain my situation, I hope I get all of your approval now.

"Christ almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin' you nerve-wracking sons-of-b**ches."

[This message has been edited by SaltyTxAg (edited 12/30/2013 3:52p).]
I Am A Critic
So it took you longer than anyone else to realize how bad it was and now you've waited four years to warn fellow Ags about this place? Do you see the trend here?
Sooner Born
Do they just let anyone into Texas A&M these days?
SaltyTxAg
AG
quote:
So it took you longer than anyone else to realize how bad it was and now you've waited four years to warn fellow Ags about this place? Do you see the trend here?

Hahaha, I see your point there. At the time, I was desperate for a job, 2008 wasn't the best job market for recent grads. I refused to borrow a dime from my parents, so I had to make what I had for the short time work. I got the job through the career center, and told them about my experience with them. The gentlemen that recruited me to the company was an Aggie, so being the young poor dumba** I was, I took the job. Anyway, the reason I posted about it now is that I read another thread about a bad work environment, and I felt compelled to share my opinion. Sorry for posting on TexAgs, I should leave this stuff to you professionals. Y'all are funny though.

jsn1986
AG
I think you are getting hassled bc you gave 0 information and your post seemed to say they took advantage of you by not paying you enough for the hours you worked.
quote:
take advantage of recent grads paying you low wages and long hours
I have a feeling that more information and less ranting would have led to less criticism.
C5Aggie03
AG
quote:
They are anything but ethical

The irony.....
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
sell bogus extended warranties of a company that literally did not exist.
So you admit to committing fraud?
SaltyTxAg
AG
quote:
quote:
sell bogus extended warranties of a company that literally did not exist.
So you admit to committing fraud?

Hahaha, again, I was in the "training" program and I actually never sold anything, I just filed paperwork and double checked everything we would turn into the financing company. At the end of my "training" I would have been a "finance manager" and would be the crook behind the desk pushing the extras they want you to buy after you decide to purchase a car. I left the company before they actually forced me to do anything myself, as I stated before, I quit when they told me to forge a few signatures.

Obviously, I do not have the time or patience tell the whole story day by day or hour by hour in regards to my experience with the Ethos Group, but I just wanted to warn any new grads that are in the job market. All I am going to say is never buy an extended warranty when purchasing a car, and only take a position with the Ethos Group once you do your homework on the company. If you would like some more information or to file a complaint on my review of the Ethos Group, you can private message me, and I will get back to you as soon as I can. When I started this thread, I was on my cell phone, so, I apologize for being vague. Yall have really taught me a lesson. Thank you.

Oh, and how about the Ags the other night in Atlanta? Son of a b*tch, those nerds gave us a scare.

agdaddy04
AG
How long did you work for them and you didn't actually produce anything? Yet, you claim you were underpaid?
tukAg10
AG
Man y'all sure are jumping this guy's $#it. He was fresh out of the gate. Don't act like y'all knew what the hell was going on when y'all got out of college.

I say thanks for the heads up not only about them, but with the warranty also.
agdaddy04
AG
The warrant thing seems pretty wild. I was fresh out of college and they sent me to the finance manager when I bought a new ford truck. I got talked into the warranty, however there was no issues whenever something needed to be replaced. And even though it was through a third party I never even had to call them. Whatever shop I took it to would deal directly with them.
ABATTBQ11
AG
My brother got talked into an extended warranty and has ended up using it on his F150. He had to have his transmission pan seal and his power steering lines replaced. Not exactly high ticket items, and probably not worth what he paid for the warranty, but at least he's gotten something out of it and still has another 30,000 miles to go on it.
Mert2003
AG
I agree with tpnick - good heads up thread.

And to all the posters saying "Are you saying you did X and that you're a lazy half @$$ worker?" - BOOOO on you. Booo these people, booooo!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.