Python Bootcamp for incoming engineering student

924 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by DavidPellot
5StarShield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My oldest child is enrolling in the fall and my wife said some parents in the Facebook group are suggesting he take this course prior to starting classes.

Any engineering students/grads that have input on whether this is necessary or valuable? TIA

cross posted on the Nerdery
ag97tx
AG
My son is a junior mechanical engineering student and it is absolutely necessary. When your child takes the Engineering 102 class they will need to know Python already or they will be behind. They also use Python in Calculus and in Physics I believe. So it is definitely better to know it rather than trying to learn it while you are also in these other classes that are all moving at a fast pace.

Prior to freshman year, my son had taken 2 years of computer science in high school and then he did a couple of private tutoring sessions with someone that had just graduated to make sure he was ready.
aggie93
AG
Is there a particular one you would recommend? My son will be a Sr next year and has a strong STEM foundation but not much in programming directly as he is interested in Biomedical Engineering. I know programming is going to be needed though for any Engineering at A&M. He's done a little Python on the side but no formal training.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
5StarShield
AG
Appreciate the reply.

Aggie93, my wife sent me this link she got from the Facebook group but I'm interested if anyone has any input or suggestions.

https://www.udemy.com/course/complete-python-bootcamp/
n_touch
5StarShield said:

My oldest child is enrolling in the fall and my wife said some parents in the Facebook group are suggesting he take this course prior to starting classes.

Any engineering students/grads that have input on whether this is necessary or valuable? TIA

cross posted on the Nerdery
Udemy is Good, Code with Mosh is good as well. I really like his delivery. FreeCodeCamp is also a great resource. The main thing is that when working with the course, he finds something to do on his own. It is easy to code when you are following, but you need to do it away from the lesson. A little every day goes a long way.
Bonfire.1996
Thanks for posting this. Another item in a long list of things A&M doesn't inform people about
DavidPellot
5StarShield said:

Appreciate the reply.

Aggie93, my wife sent me this link she got from the Facebook group but I'm interested if anyone has any input or suggestions.

https://www.udemy.com/course/complete-python-bootcamp/
Udemy always offers great courses. I've taken a few and can say it's worth it.

And I'm general, I think that if there is a time, taking such courses there or on other platforms is great because they are beneficial for skill improvement. For me now, writing is hard, so I'm looking for something related to it. I've been using https://ca.papersowl.com/pay-for-essay for some time, and it has helped me out a lot. But I know that it's important to become better, and I do my best to improve.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.