Incoming Freshman tuition rate code question.

1,288 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepaintrain
KatyAggie2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks like we have to make a decision on the tuition rate code for our soon to be freshman. One option is a variable rate, and the other is fixed. I'm assuming the fixed rate increases by some assumption-based formula. Any recommendation on which to go with?
AggieAdvisor16
AG
Do you think tuition costs are likely to increase or decrease over the next 4 years?
KatyAggie2000
AG
We all know tuition will increase and I'm sure the fixed rate has that built into their formula. Hence the question.
1Aggie99
AG
We opted for fixed but at the end of the day it will all probably come out in the wash. If these institutions of higher education are good at anything, it's separating cash from our wallets. It's our first child and he's a FR so no real reference to help out. I just can't image there being a huge difference by the time all is said and done.

There was a freeze on tuition this year and I think it's a two year window if memory serves me correctly. Probably means rebound coming when freeze ends!

Honestly, I wouldn't spend much time on it. There is/will be plenty of other crap to spend time on soon enough.

Best of luck to your Aggie
aggiepaintrain
AG
my son is about to finish and my daughter is a sophomore, we did fixed on both and my sons tuition is 15% less
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.