Humanities peer review?

2,977 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Trucker 96
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has come to my attention that studies being done in the Humanities department are not always adequately peer reviewed and has lead to some embarrassing conclusions. Such as a study debunked here:
Quote:

A study purporting to show that hate crimes increased 226% in counties that hosted rallies for then-candidate Donald Trump in 2016 has been officially debunked. Not only did the study's authors fail to account for the fact that political campaigns prefer to host rallies in populous areas, which already experience more hate crimes, but the authors didn't check to see if the same increase could be applied to Hillary Clinton's rallies.

Soave, however, noted that the study did not, as Democrat politicians claimed, show that Trump caused an increase in hate crimes, but rather that "counties that hosted Trump rallies experienced 3.26 times as many incidents as other counties, a 226 percent difference."

But, Soave noted, the underlying data was limited to anti-Semitism. The data came from an Anti-Defamation League report, but the incidents include many that aren't even actual hate crimes.

"A great many incidents on the ADL's list are schoolyard bullying, for example," Soave wrote. "According to this study, Trump's political rallies are correlated with a significant spike in these kinds of incidents, but that's not as strong a finding as the headlines suggest."

This is just sloppy work. This is political propaganda disguised as serious academic research. So imagine my embarrassment when I read on:
Quote:

Back in March, professors from the University of North Texas and Texas A&M produced the study, which claimed Trump's rallies led to an increase in hate crimes in the counties where they were hosted.

Just what is going on at A&M? I expect my alma mater to be a lot more professional than this. Excuses like "this kind of stuff has been happening all the time" doesn't cut it. Humanities is either a legitimate area of research or it's just a bunch of political hacks publishing their bias with my university's name slapped on it.

Which is it A&M?
The Kraken
AG
http://lmas.unt.edu/sites/lmas.unt.edu/files/lmas/Hate%20Incidents%20Spike_0.pdf

UNT and A&M Commerce
Nosh
His web page and twitter are both down.
Spyderman
AG
As the reality of the ET subject becomes more widely accepted...how might this effect academia? History, humanities, biology, physics, political science etc.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Trucker 96
Humanities professors. LOL at ending up there
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.