Is KINE no longer required?

3,106 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Country51
jefe95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Showing my age here.

Have a fish and will be at NSC next week.

Are students no longer required to take a PE(KINE)? Or are those just pure electives these days?

Seems like i had to have 4 hours or something like that. Which is why I learned to snow ski.
expresswrittenconsent
I believe so. Frankly it was idiotic that a college degree back in the 90s/early 2000s required 4 separate BS PE classes. I greatly enjoyed playing racquetball against some future NFL guys and hated the stupid racewalking class the old lady at the new student conf signed me up for, but I cant imagine being a parent paying for college (or a student paying for college) and having to spend thousands to duck walk through the MSC for a pass/fail grade.
histag10
AG
I had to have 2 hours - a 199 and a 198, but I believe they no longer have to.
lost my dog
It is no longer required.
TexasAggie73
AG
My freshman year in 1969, I had to take a swimming class and if I felled it, I had to take swimming class for a semester. Back then we had to take PE for 4 semesters.

OCEN99
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

I believe so. Frankly it was idiotic that a college degree back in the 90s/early 2000s required 4 separate BS PE classes. I greatly enjoyed playing racquetball against some future NFL guys and hated the stupid racewalking class the old lady at the new student conf signed me up for, but I cant imagine being a parent paying for college (or a student paying for college) and having to spend thousands to duck walk through the MSC for a pass/fail grade.
Eh, it's how I finally learned to keep score for bowling.
Big Country51
AG
You are not required to take a KINE class but a lot of students take KINE 223 which is half in class half doing the activity that you pick. It counts as a science credit and most have pretty high average grades in class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.