Getting into Engineering

3,118 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MominTexas
MominTexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy!
Okay, toured last Friday (thus the howdy) and more than impressed, awesome campus, giving back everywhere.

I posted over the summer. My son is junior, top 10% (not sure if he'll stay there it's a large, very competive school) but his 2nd SAT was 1320 (first take was 1240) & 2nd ACT 28 (first take was 27) back in Sept and will be taking both again in Spring. He didn't have a ton of prep so we are assuming/praying learning more his junior will help (taking Pre/cal & Physics)and prep if neccessary will put him at either 1360 or 30 for the other other academic admit.

But we keep hearing still how hard it is to get engineering as major. He is in NHS (not easy at his school) has a weekend job, Robotics engineering/chess club, VERY involved in community service, has a leadership position within one charity. Strong in math & science. Played football until this year. Waiting on PSAT scores.

Anything else we can do? It's the only school he wants to go to and only major.

TAMUAdmissions
AG
A&M evaluates class rank (not specifically GPA), test scores and everything else submitted with his application - outside activities, leadership, employment, the essay, etc. As a result, strength in all the above areas is important. A holistic review is done for all applicants seeking Engineering. He can call an admissions counselor at 979-458-0950.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
Those were close to my stats getting in, and I graduate with a ChemE degree (and a job, humble brag) in May! I can't say for certain but I would like the odds of him getting in
MominTexas
Jtayers23 said:

Those were close to my stats getting in, and I graduate with a ChemE degree (and a job, humble brag) in May! I can't say for certain but I would like the odds of him getting in
Thank you! Forgot to look back here. He received a 30 on his ACT but 1410 on his SAT & 730 on the math. So we'll submit that & hope for the best!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.