What are my chances of getting in?

2,471 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by histag10
etylerb11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would like to know how likely I am to get into Texas A&M. I recently visited, and I loved it, but I likely won't be an automatic admit. I am a junior at James Martin High School in Arlington, Texas. I am in the top 25% (189/849), and have an SAT score or 1290. My GPA is 3.5. I am in a program called the STEM Academy, which 110 student of our 849 student class are in. We are in our own classes, that are indeed more difficult than regular classes. I am ranked lower because of these harder classes. I know, and my teachers know, that I would easily be in the top 10% at any other school in this area, but I chose to join because it would better prepare me for my future and would give me great opportunities. I have taken nothing but Pre-AP and AP classes excluding those such as art, Spanish, sports, etc. I am currently interning with the Texas Rangers, and will likely intern with another company next school year. I am in National Honors Society, Computer Science National Honors Society, Science National Honors Society, Technical Honors Society, engineering club, and TSA (Technology Student Association, it is like UIL but with technological category competitions). I am also in Key Club, which is mainly volunteering through the school. I am the audio/visual manager of our robotics team who went to state this year. I played football my first 2 years of high school, but quit so I could have my internship. I now play rugby instead, which is after school only. I've also had work experience over the summer at a restaurant. In addition to these, I am involved with my church, and have been on a handful on mission trips in recent years. Also, a few of my friends and I competed in the UTA innovation day competition, which we had to design a product, create a prototype and presentation, and present it to a group of judges.
tcfitz3
AG
There's another thread on this topic and one of the guys posting there claims great success getting kids like you in. Couldn't hurt to talk to him.
tcfitz3
AG

DON'T FORGET TAMUG - Galveston has a separate admissions deadline (later) and lower requirements, and if you can make a 2.75 on 30 hours there, you can transfer to CS. Also, Galveston students ARE full fledged Aggies, get rings, sports passes, etc. It's also easier on out of state students.

etylerb11
What's the thread?
etylerb11
Is it for sure admission, or is it an application process?
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
tcfitz3 said:

DON'T FORGET TAMUG - Galveston has a separate admissions deadline (later) and lower requirements, and if you can make a 2.75 on 30 hours there, you can transfer to CS. Also, Galveston students ARE full fledged Aggies, get rings, sports passes, etc. It's also easier on out of state students.

Galveston is a good option for students wanting to pursue a degree in a marine related field. In fact, that is all that Galveston offers, as it is our maritime campus. All other majors will require admissions into the College Station main campus.

Admission requirements are not drastically different, as we are the same school. If I remember correctly, you do not transfer from TAMUG to TAMU, if you change your major to a main campus major, you will attend classes on main campus, and likewise, if you change from a main campus major to a marine based major, you will attend classes in Galveston. Each individual college and department maintain separate requirements for departmental/college transfers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.