Jason Landry (Missing Texas State Student from 5 years ago)

7,075 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by MsDoubleD81
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/texas/vigil-jason-landry-missing-2020/285-21084634-6bd4-4c1b-b720-67c4e9aa6917?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KHOU_11_News&fbclid=IwdGRleAOpup1leHRuA2FlbQIxMQBzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAo2NjI4NTY4Mzc5AAEeBCs6LVDqwbjlfAHg1WklLd2cVhC5Pt59CbR5ODOLsxeidOJdFH_JCGRdEdc_aem_NQULCY-AmJ-Sre-uDaHZ1w#90a9goiblbgz54krprsss2te4aei4lnh

Hard to believe this was 5 years ago. I remember there being a huge thread on here (possibly the outdoor board as well). I honestly didn't realize the case hasn't been solved yet.

I have nothing to add other than to ask for prayers for his poor family and request for anyone that knows where the old thread was to link it here. TIA.
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought your post was going to say he had been finally found.

The SMU professor in Georgia on the Appalachian trail has still not been found.
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shiftyandquick said:

I thought your post was going to say he had been finally found.

The SMU professor in Georgia on the Appalachian trail has still not been found.


I apologize for not being more detailed in the title and am sorry if I got your hopes up. I didn't know if anyone even remembered him on here.

Do you know where the old thread is? I couldn't find it in the search.
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Psych said:

shiftyandquick said:

I thought your post was going to say he had been finally found.

The SMU professor in Georgia on the Appalachian trail has still not been found.


I apologize for not being more detailed in the title and am sorry if I got your hopes up. I didn't know if anyone even remembered him on here.

Do you know where the old thread is? I couldn't find it in the search.

It's on the outdoor board.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769/0
Jack Squat 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really can't imagine what this would be like for his parents. Horrible.
I don't think you know me.
Psych
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shiftyandquick said:

Psych said:

shiftyandquick said:

I thought your post was going to say he had been finally found.

The SMU professor in Georgia on the Appalachian trail has still not been found.


I apologize for not being more detailed in the title and am sorry if I got your hopes up. I didn't know if anyone even remembered him on here.

Do you know where the old thread is? I couldn't find it in the search.

It's on the outdoor board.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769/0


Thank you!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So many people go missing every year. Very sad. Have to believe the not knowing would be the worst. I pray that doesn't happen to my family and for those affected in this story.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remains found on Salt Flat Road

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/remains-reportedly-found-near-road-where-texas-state-student-jason-landry-vanished?fbclid=IwdGRzaAUZ_u1jbGNrBRn-5HBkb2YFZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAc3J0YwZhcHBfaWQMMzUwNjg1NTMxNzI4AAEenwA68BAtSfQXSFoWJjYlxImqEHyLbxpru9vBaJ-ym9wjzgALx-MT0wngws8_aem_VDRtY2naRfRFrddUa6cIZA
jt2hunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They haven't confirmed anything right? And how could they miss his body? If it was in that area I thought there were tons of people searching.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are some private property owners who did not allow searching
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769

So some idiot bumped that thread a week or so ago with a derail, it sparked a dozen or so posts, staff edited the bump and deleted all of the text (but left the post) and the thread is now locked just as it seems there's a development...
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MsDoubleD81 said:

Remains found on Salt Flat Road

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/remains-reportedly-found-near-road-where-texas-state-student-jason-landry-vanished

This will probably be within a hundred yards of where he crashed, knowing the thoroughness of the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office.
tmaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fc2112 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

Remains found on Salt Flat Road

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/remains-reportedly-found-near-road-where-texas-state-student-jason-landry-vanished

This will probably be within a hundred yards of where he crashed, knowing the thoroughness of the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office.



That's a lazy take on Law Enforcement. There were multiple agencies and private organizations involved in that search.
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed, there were dogs, drones, helicopters, ATV's, search and rescue resources both public and private.

To me I've always thought the theory that explained everything was he had some sort of head trauma from the crash, got cold (because it was cold) became hypothermic, due to said hypothermia did paradoxical undressing and wandered off into the bush and died of exposure. The issue with that theory is it seems like he should have been found pretty easy with the amount of dogs and resources that were used in the search, the flip side to that is if you put a 1 mile radius around his last known location thats 2000 acres and a 2 mile radius is 8000 acres, so even a thorough search can miss a lot of areas and that doesn't even account for some property owners declining permission to search.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it will be interesting to see what is the official distance between the remains and the crashed automobile
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769

So some idiot bumped that thread a week or so ago with a derail, it sparked a dozen or so posts, staff edited the bump and deleted all of the text (but left the post) and the thread is now locked just as it seems there's a development...

But was it a derail, given the timing? Or did staff delete a post by someone who had insider information?
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Naveronski said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769

So some idiot bumped that thread a week or so ago with a derail, it sparked a dozen or so posts, staff edited the bump and deleted all of the text (but left the post) and the thread is now locked just as it seems there's a development...

But was it a derail, given the timing? Or did staff delete a post by someone who had insider information?


I honestly don't know. Not much in the ea leaves of the ensuing replies.
I assumed derail...
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fc2112 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

Remains found on Salt Flat Road

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/remains-reportedly-found-near-road-where-texas-state-student-jason-landry-vanished

This will probably be within a hundred yards of where he crashed, knowing the thoroughness of the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office.

Stupid comment.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

There are some private property owners who did not allow searching

Why?
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know why. It is what the search teams have reported. I'm guess liability maybe?
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I don't know why. It is what the search teams have reported. I'm guess liability maybe?

Could you imagine saying no to a family who has never seen their son again?

Wow, that's messed up.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
The Sun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MsDoubleD81 said:

I don't know why. It is what the search teams have reported. I'm guess liability maybe?


Probably other bodies buried out there.
imnag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Naveronski said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769

So some idiot bumped that thread a week or so ago with a derail, it sparked a dozen or so posts, staff edited the bump and deleted all of the text (but left the post) and the thread is now locked just as it seems there's a development...

But was it a derail, given the timing? Or did staff delete a post by someone who had insider information?


I honestly don't know. Not much in the ea leaves of the ensuing replies.
I assumed derail...


Definitely not a derail.
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
imnag07 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Naveronski said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769

So some idiot bumped that thread a week or so ago with a derail, it sparked a dozen or so posts, staff edited the bump and deleted all of the text (but left the post) and the thread is now locked just as it seems there's a development...

But was it a derail, given the timing? Or did staff delete a post by someone who had insider information?


I honestly don't know. Not much in the ea leaves of the ensuing replies.
I assumed derail...


Definitely not a derail.

My apologies then.
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it wasn't a 'derail', but a commemt essentially implying something was happening, but then no follow up when pressed to explain. With the news yesterday, it can be inferred the poster had some sort of inside knowledge this news would be coming.
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remains were positively ID'd as Jason Landry.
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least that brings some closure. Hard to fathom how he was originally overlooked.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

At least that brings some closure. Hard to fathom how he was originally overlooked.

Agree, would have to see a map on the car versus his remains. I would think a cadaver dog would get close or find him, but it was brought up that a number of landowners refused search access, makes it pretty hard for the dog to track. But they are amazing animals.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

At least that brings some closure. Hard to fathom how he was originally overlooked.

Agree, would have to see a map on the car versus his remains. I would think a cadaver dog would get close or find him, but it was brought up that a number of landowners refused search access, makes it pretty hard for the dog to track. But they are amazing animals.

Couple of miles south of his car, just outside the designated search area.
ATX_AG_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

At least that brings some closure. Hard to fathom how he was originally overlooked.

From the OB:

"Looks like over four miles from 2300 Salt Flat Road to 1400 Biggs Road. That is over 32,000 acres of search radius if it is him."
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was under the impression, though could be mistaken, that the remains were found near the intersection of Salt Flat and Biggs. If near the roadway, it is hard to believe he'd be overlooked. Google street view makes the area look wide open/unobstructed views. ETA- I get mixed street view results for that address.
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also they haven't said what they found, a bone, a skull, a full skeleton. With the amount of wild hog and coyotes, the location of something doesn't mean thats where it started.
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My understanding is a full skeleton, although a few bones were missing.
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thankful that the family can finally have closure. I can't imagine the pain of not knowing has been for everyone who loved him. May his soul rest in Peace.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.