Labor union leader Osborn running against Fischer in Nebraska is being duplicitous

1,883 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TheWoodlandsTxAg
TheWoodlandsTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2 Senate elections in Nebraska this year. Ricketts will win in a landslide. He was governor of the state from 2015 to 2023.

Nebraska went for Trump by 19.1 points in 2020, and Nebraska is expected to go to Trump by well over 20 points in this election.

Democrats/Soros have propped up an independent union leader to run against Deb Fischer.

His last name is Osborn. No relation to Tom Osborne. However, this can be a problem because it would be like running someone with the last name Saban in Alabama.

However, the biggest problem is that Osborn is going to every local Republican club and saying that he would never vote to send any money to Ukraine. He is literally spending countless hours doing this at Republican club meetings across the state. Deb Fischer has a conservative voting record, but she has voted for Ukraine funding. Some Nebraska Republicans are angry about that.

Osborn is going to every Democrat club in Nebraska and talking about how much he loves Bernie Sanders. He will go on for hours in these meetings about how much he loves Bernie.

If you love Bernie, that means you are going to caucus with the Democrats. Bernie is 30-40 points to the left of Nebraska on every issue.

There is not a single high quality poll from this race. Everything on 538 is from Osborn's own campaign, or the independent center, or partisan sponsors of the independent party. Nothing from someone like Emerson.

This is basically the Utah Egg McMuffin/Evan McMullin strategy from 2022 with more populism.

Trump should do a rally with Fischer in Nebraska as soon as possible (because he will win the state by 20+ points), and Mitch should give her some more resources as well.

This seat is a billion times more important than any House race in California or New York.

The markets have Deb Fischer with a 78% chance to win.

https://polymarket.com/event/nebraska-us-senate-election-winner/will-a-republican-win-nebraska-us-senate-election?tid=1728587883565

TLDR: Republican voters in Nebraska should not be tricked by Independent Osborn. It is not worth giving away the Senate to Democrats over the Ukraine issue, and Dan Osborn is not related to Tom Osborne (the Republican congressman who won 3 national championships with Nebraska). Dan Osborn loves Bernie. Osborn is saying that he loves Bernie across the state.
Texasaggie32
This and the OH race worry me. I think they need at least 52 seats. Would love to see 53-54. Because realistically they'll lose some in 2026 (NC, Maine, Alaska I think could go either way, and GA is the only hope for a flip).
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Texasaggie32 said:

This and the OH race worry me. I think they need at least 52 seats. Would love to see 53-54. Because realistically they'll lose some in 2026 (NC, Maine, Alaska I think could go either way, and GA is the only hope for a flip).
Same

I heard Charlie Kirk talk about this today and he is extremely close to Trump.

Charlie had the Nebraska GOP chair on his show today.

Charlie says on his show that he is texting Trump and his team 100+ times a day so hopefully he tells him about the need to do a rally in Nebraska with Deb Fischer.

Doing a rally with Deb Fischer is 10 billion times more important than doing rallies in California, New York, and Colorado for House races.

Senate control is important if Trump wins because they approve judicial appointments and appointments to the cabinet as well.

If Kamala wins, the Senate along with the Supreme Court will act as a check and balance against Democrats.
Red Dane
Soros money is flowing in heavy for "independent" Osborn through the [url=https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/retire-career-politicians/C00876482/summary/2024][/url]Retire Career Politicians PAC and the Railroad workers union. Deb Fisher has pretty much given up on actually going out and mixing with voters long ago. She made it much harder on Republicans than it needed to be.

As for Osborn, he is a piece of work. He was a union head at a Kellogs plant in Omaha, and "won" a new contract. He was then fired because he constantly watched Netflix stand up specials at work. Oh, after that win, his union brothers got to celebrate for two years because the plant that has been here and a major employer with good jobs since 1942 will be closing by the end of 2026 because of high costs of labor. Dan's looking for his next job, but it might be harder for the rest of his work buddies to do better. Also, he bills himself as a Navy vet and that is legit - he served four years as shop keep out of high school. Something to be thanked for and proud of, but kind of lame to head the resume with after working 30 years. Calls himself independent but is left on every issue and just pushes the "too many millionaires and billionaires" line.

Republican really do need to stick to voluntary terms limits of 12 years because it seems 80% sputter out around then and don't put in the effort to fight the media and out of state money like they need to.
[url=https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/retire-career-politicians/C00876482/summary/2024][/url]
NU '95 Texas A&M '97
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Red Dane said:

Soros money is flowing in heavy for "independent" Osborn through the [url=https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/retire-career-politicians/C00876482/summary/2024][/url]Retire Career Politicians PAC and the Railroad workers union. Deb Fisher has pretty much given up on actually going out and mixing with voters long ago. She made it much harder on Republicans than it needed to be.

As for Osborn, he is a piece of work. He was a union head at a Kellogs plant in Omaha, and "won" a new contract. He was then fired because he constantly watched Netflix stand up specials at work. Oh, after that win, his union brothers got to celebrate for two years because the plant that has been here and a major employer with good jobs since 1942 will be closing by the end of 2026 because of high costs of labor. Dan's looking for his next job, but it might be harder for the rest of his work buddies to do better. Also, he bills himself as a Navy vet and that is legit - he served four years as shop keep out of high school. Something to be thanked for and proud of, but kind of lame to head the resume with after working 30 years. Calls himself independent but is left on every issue and just pushes the "too many millionaires and billionaires" line.

Republican really do need to stick to voluntary terms limits of 12 years because it seems 80% sputter out around then and don't put in the effort to fight the media and out of state money like they need to.
[url=https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/retire-career-politicians/C00876482/summary/2024][/url]
Trump needs to do a rally if not multiple rallies with Fischer in Nebraska immediately.

Governor Pillen and Senator Ricketts should come to the rallies as well.

This is a billion times more important than House seats in California and New York.

Mitch also needs to give Fischer the resources she needs to win.
Texasaggie32
TheWoodlandsTxAg said:

Texasaggie32 said:

Same

I heard Charlie Kirk talk about this today and he is extremely close to Trump.

Charlie had the Nebraska GOP chair on his show today.

Charlie says on his show that he is texting Trump and his team 100+ times a day so hopefully he tells him about the need to do a rally in Nebraska with Deb Fischer.

Doing a rally with Deb Fischer is 10 billion times more important than doing rallies in California, New York, and Colorado for House races.

Senate control is important if Trump wins because they approve judicial appointments and appointments to the cabinet as well.

If Kamala wins, the Senate along with the Supreme Court will act as a check and balance against Democrats.

Did they say anything about how their polls looked?
DallasAg 94
"Pat... I'd like to buy a vowel. The letter 'e'."
Aggies1322
AG
Dudes commercials are bad.. not as bad as Tony Vargas. But bad.
mjschiller
AG
Utah commie democrats tried the same tactic by having their candidate run as an independent. Did not work.
Marvin J. Schiller
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Republicans have got the message about Fischer and Nebraska.

https://punchbowl.news/article/election-2024/deb-fischer-tight-race-in-nebraska/

"The non-partisan Cook Political Report with Amy Walter shifted the contest from "solid Republican" to "likely Republican" late last month as polls showed Osborn tied or beating Fischer.

Yet despite the hand-wringing over Fischer's campaign strategy, there's little fear that she'll actually lose. Nebraska is a solidly red state, and former President Donald Trump's margin of victory there in 2020 was 19 points. Fischer's most recent push on the airwaves is also proving to be helpful.

This is news: Fischer is now leading Osborn, drawing 48% to Osborn's 42%, according to a recent poll commissioned by Fischer's campaign and obtained exclusively by Punchbowl News. Ten percent of those polled were undecided.

The survey, conducted Oct. 5-8, concludes that Fischer's recent advertising "has clearly been effective." The polling memo states that, with "proper funding," the race will be "put to bed."

Fischer's campaign manager Derek Oden told us he expects the "positive trend to continue."

"We still have work to do, and we're running hard, but this is a good sign," Oden said.

Still, the NRSC had to get involved in late September. Republicans privately griped that this shouldn't have been necessary and it takes critical resources away from actual battlegrounds. GOP strategists attribute Fischer's initially sluggish polling numbers to her campaign's relatively late start on the airwaves.

Senate Minority Whip John Thune, who has traveled to Nebraska on Fischer's behalf, told us at an event in Indiana Thursday night that "the votes are coming home" for Fischer but "it's been a lot closer than people thought it would be.""
Bearpitbull
After I look up "duplicitous", I will be right back here with some deep thoughts.
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Bearpitbull said:

After I look up "duplicitous", I will be right back here with some deep thoughts.
Just know that everyone from the NRSC all the way to local party offices in Nebraska now know about it and are working hard to get Deb close to a high single digit victory in Nebraska. Similar to the low double digit victory Mike Lee got against independent Egg McMuffin in 2022.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.