Will Trump sell Truth Social stock?

854 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by WestAustinAg
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess we should monitor insider trades to find out.

Donald Trump said he would not sell his Truth Social stock. But he technically can starting Thursday.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-said-he-would-not-sell-his-truth-social-stock-but-he-technically-can-starting-thursday-202101942.html

Quote:

Donald Trump recently said he would not sell his stock in Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT). But, starting Thursday, he will have that option something that's not been available since the social media company went public in March.

"I have absolutely no intention of selling," the former president told reporters at a press conference last week. "I love it. I use it as a method of getting out my word."

DJT shares surged by double digits on Friday following his revelation, although the stock has recently given up those gains, falling more than 10% over the past six days to close below $14.50 on Thursday near the low-end of its 52-week range and far off its record high of just over $79 a share.
Jeeper79
AG
infinity ag said:

I guess we should monitor insider trades to find out.

Donald Trump said he would not sell his Truth Social stock. But he technically can starting Thursday.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-said-he-would-not-sell-his-truth-social-stock-but-he-technically-can-starting-thursday-202101942.html

Quote:

Donald Trump recently said he would not sell his stock in Trump Media & Technology Group (DJT). But, starting Thursday, he will have that option something that's not been available since the social media company went public in March.

"I have absolutely no intention of selling," the former president told reporters at a press conference last week. "I love it. I use it as a method of getting out my word."

DJT shares surged by double digits on Friday following his revelation, although the stock has recently given up those gains, falling more than 10% over the past six days to close below $14.50 on Thursday near the low-end of its 52-week range and far off its record high of just over $79 a share.

He'd be sued again if he sold now. He doesn't seem to be afraid of court so he might try it anyway. But it could be seen as a pump and dump by the FTC or other shareholders left holding the bag.
infinity ag
I have no idea why he even took it public. Other than he was mad at Twitter. But then I don't think the company has any value at all. Even Twitter/X isn't making money.
Ag CPA
AG
I have no doubt that he is going to start selling this year, especially if he loses in November. The stock is going to zero and he knows it.
Deputy Travis Junior
I would if I were him; it generated $837k of revenue in q2, is deeply unprofitable, has no growth prospects (in fact, revenue is decreasing), and is sitting at a valuation of $2.8B. It's overvalued at least 100x based on its fundamentals.

Problem is, it's hard to unload ~60% of a company without tanking the stock price, especially when you're a key person who has to disclose sales.
Kansas Kid
infinity ag said:

I have no idea why he even took it public. Other than he was mad at Twitter. But then I don't think the company has any value at all. Even Twitter/X isn't making money.
The company went public via a Spac because it needed the capital to cover substantial cash losses. This also gives the investors including Trump a way to monetize it. If it had remained private, it likely would have folded by now due to low subscriber counts resulting in minimal revenue and large losses.

PS You answered the question yourself with the comment about the company having no value.
WestAustinAg
AG
Second dumb thread designed to give redditor type posters something to rage about. Haha
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.