US Unis are rebranding DEI depts, not eliminating them

1,666 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Ag with kids
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean, anyone with a brain new this was the case but here ya go.

<<more in article>>

https://www.foxnews.com/media/american-universities-rebranding-dei-departments-instead-eliminating-them-study-finds

Some American universities have claimed they would eliminate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) ideology but instead opted to rebrand the polarizing practice, according to CriticalRace.org.

CriticalRace.org, which monitors CRT curricula and training in higher education, has cataloged over 700 institutions of higher education to examine activities on campus. The group says that out of 26 universes where legislative efforts have been implemented to phase out DEI, 10 have simply replaced them with new offices that have similar programming and/or personnel, as lawmakers face an uphill battle to uproot DEI ideology from public institutions.

"These findings highlight how deeply embedded CRT and DEI concepts are in higher education, with entrenched ideological commitment that is resistant to change," William A. Jacobson told Fox News Digital.

"Higher education has little desire to reform itself, and only a sustained long-term effort will move universities back to the central mission of education, and away from ideological indoctrination."

CriticalRace.org found that new offices such as the "Office of Access and Engagement" and the "Division of Access, Opportunity, and Diversity" will replace former DEI offices at many institutions.

University of Alabama disbanded its DEI office and launched the Division of Opportunities, Connections, and Success

"Florida State University took a similar approach by changing title names and reclassifying positions of employees who were already working in DEI to give them different roles; the approach circumvented the University laying anyone off," the report continued. "The Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance and Engagement was activated in October 2023 to replace the DEI office."
TexAgs91
AG
Laws need to target the policies of DEI, ESG, etc regardless of what it is called.
MouthBQ98
AG
I wouldn't mind an EO office if that is what it really is: merit based and looking at opportunities and not trying to force equal outcomes with institutional biases. I don't even mind inclusion so long as it is unbiased.

It is the substitution of equity instead of equality that has been the core fundamental problem, and the unfounded presumption that forcing diversity for its own sake despite any consequences was inherently beneficial to everyone involved, and that not all forms of diversity were given consideration.

Merely swapping around name plates isn't going to cut it and should be exposed.
MD1993
AG
Libs like rebranding, but keep the same core "values" in place. There is no way they would abandon this philosophy when there is $$ to grab.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Wonder how our school is doing now that it's been "shut down " by the lege?

If caught in the act and violating law, everyone involved should get wacked that day, no paid leave bs, etc.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
BluHorseShu
AG
C@LAg said:

<<more in article>>

https://www.foxnews.com/media/american-universities-rebranding-dei-departments-instead-eliminating-them-study-finds

Some American universities have claimed they would eliminate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) ideology but instead opted to rebrand the polarizing practice, according to CriticalRace.org.

CriticalRace.org, which monitors CRT curricula and training in higher education, has cataloged over 700 institutions of higher education to examine activities on campus. The group says that out of 26 universes where legislative efforts have been implemented to phase out DEI, 10 have simply replaced them with new offices that have similar programming and/or personnel, as lawmakers face an uphill battle to uproot DEI ideology from public institutions.

"These findings highlight how deeply embedded CRT and DEI concepts are in higher education, with entrenched ideological commitment that is resistant to change," William A. Jacobson told Fox News Digital.

"Higher education has little desire to reform itself, and only a sustained long-term effort will move universities back to the central mission of education, and away from ideological indoctrination."

CriticalRace.org found that new offices such as the "Office of Access and Engagement" and the "Division of Access, Opportunity, and Diversity" will replace former DEI offices at many institutions.

University of Alabama disbanded its DEI office and launched the Division of Opportunities, Connections, and Success

"Florida State University took a similar approach by changing title names and reclassifying positions of employees who were already working in DEI to give them different roles; the approach circumvented the University laying anyone off," the report continued. "The Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance and Engagement was activated in October 2023 to replace the DEI office."

Won't in Texas though. Its pretty cut and dry...to the point folks will lose their job. Sounds like Ala. and Fla just need to get their house in order.
BTKAG97
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Laws need to target the policies of DEI, ESG, etc regardless of what it is called.
Laws need to include job termination, extreme fines, and possible incarceration of those in charge and who approve of this crap.
Picard
AG
C@LAg said:

I mean, anyone with a brain new this was the case…..

LOL
G Martin 87
AG
BTKAG97 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Laws need to include job termination, extreme fines, and possible incarceration of those in charge and who approve of this crap.
Now's the time to do it, too, what with all the new prison capacity that the Dems want to build to hold those of us who believe in free speech. Fill it up before they can!
geoag58
AG
Start firing leftist scum professors who refuse to stop their blatant attempt to aid commies in their attempted takedown of our country.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
YouBet
AG
Quote:

Florida State University took a similar approach by changing title names and reclassifying positions of employees who were already working in DEI to give them different roles; the approach circumvented the University laying anyone off," the report continued. "The Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance and Engagement was activated in October 2023 to replace the DEI office."

Desantis: Prepare your anus, FSU.
richardag
BluHorseShu said:

C@LAg said:

…..,,,,
Won't in Texas though. Its pretty cut and dry...to the point folks will lose their job. Sounds like Ala. and Fla just need to get their house in order.

Hope you are correct.
doubledog
Instead of diversity committees you now see "climate" committees (working climate).

C@LAg
Picard said:

C@LAg said:

I mean, anyone with a brain new this was the case…..

LOL

THE K IS SILENT.

LIKE YOU SHOULD BE!!!!!!!
BluHorseShu
AG
richardag said:

BluHorseShu said:

C@LAg said:

…..,,,,

Hope you are correct.
Well, at least at TAMU I'm confident this is the case..currently.
techno-ag
AG
Pretty simple to track. See what the staff from the former DEI Dept. are titled now.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Hubert J. Farnsworth
The way you get rid of this DEI stuff is by firing every single person involved with it. That pretty much takes the people out of it that would "rebrand" it. Academia is loaded with liberals/communists and rotten to the core.
Ag with kids
AG
MD1993 said:

Libs like rebranding, but keep the same core "values" in place. There is no way they would abandon this philosophy when there is $$ to grab.
Would you say that their values haven't changed?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.