Debate rules released

12,991 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by MarkTwain
MarkTwain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CNN released the debate details. The candidates' podiums and positions will be determined by a coin flip, their mics will be muted outside of speaking time, and that candidates will be provided only with a pen and a pad of paper.

Candidates will not be allowed to bring props or prepared notes and there will be two commercial breaks during the debate, and candidates are not allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.

CNN is throwing an eephus pitch to RFK to look like they are being fair saying he can qualify for the debate but has to meet the minimum standards

To qualify for the CNN debate, candidates must have received 15% support in four separate national polls, and be on the ballot in enough states to reach 270 electoral college votes. Currently, Kennedy is on the ballot in six states, totaling 89 potential electoral college votes. So it's simply an eephus pitch.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
No Spin Ag
I may be missing something, but I don't see anything wrong with those rules.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Legal Custodian
AG
Very fair rules to be honest. Let Biden's rambling be his undoing
BadMoonRisin
AG
The devil is what they don't tell you and is discovered after the fact. Like that the D candidate and her campaign had received the questions in advance.
MarkTwain
I personally think they are setting Joe up to fail terribly so they can justify pulls a Bernie on him and bring in the California Kid.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Hungry Ojos
I don't believe there is any chance they will let Biden debate, especially under those rules. I am almost positive they make an excuse to pull him out. "We don't debate with convicted felons" or something to that effect.
Hanrahan
AG
zero chance biden could appear coherent within those rules. He cannot function without a script. He will have some kind of covert ear piece. Im certain the spooks have all kinds of tech that will work for that other than an obvious ear piece and will bend over backwards to accommodate.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
TexAgs91
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Candidates will not be allowed to bring props or prepared notes and there will be two commercial breaks during the debate, and candidates are not allowed to consult with other members of their campaign during that time.
And democrat candidates will be allowed to be drugged and have an earpiece feeding them answers
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
No Spin Ag
BadMoonRisin said:

The devil is what they don't tell you and is discovered after the fact. Like that the D candidate and her campaign had received the questions in advance.
I hear you, but honestly, they could put the answers on a teleprompter in front of Biden, and he'd still fail horribly.

I seriously doubt the majority of those who will watch the debate are doing to see who has the best policies for the country's future. I honestly believe that most will be watching to see if the candidates will have a serious glitch on live TV which will cause them to vote for the other guy.

If both Biden and Trump can come out of the debate without having a McConnell hard reboot, then the race will be as tight as many thought it would be. If either, and we're all thinking it'll be Biden, have that glitch, the other is going to be favored to win. IMHO.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Logos Stick
My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. Biden will win the debate.
No Spin Ag
rocky the dog said:

Damn, that's ALMOST as long as a CVS receipt.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Ask to see the rules they aren't posting.

1. Give Biden a longer leash.
2. Don't give Trump any leash.
3. Don't ask Biden follow up questions
4. Ask Trump anything you like and remember, TDS sells so have at him.
5. Convince the audience that Biden won handily and point out Trump is a bully in how he talks to old sick people.
Aglaw97
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

That's where an astute debater can use this to their advantage. In your reply state your case and then say "I'd like to hear the other side explain….." and create your own question. Whether the moderator picks that ball up or not, no reply from the opponent to a well crafted question or accusation can be effective.
Old Tom Morris
I think Biden could have a full on meltdown and it won't change the minds of those voting for him. We've watched that for 4 years and somehow they made it this far
Shoefly!
AG
Why don't I believe CNN?
B-1 83
AG
Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. Biden will win the debate.
This would not surprise me at all.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
ChemAg15
AG
Are the candidates allowed to wear earpieces? I recall last time one guy had wires coming out of his sleeves.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Quote:

rocky the dog said:

Here ya go...

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden could collapse foaming out of the mouth 3 minutes into the debate and the media will be lined up to declare him the "winner."
Cromagnum
AG
Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden will debate. He will be heavily drugged. He will be given the questions in advance. Tapper will attack and challenge Trump throughout the debate. Biden will call Trump a felon. The MSM will tell everyone that Biden won the debate.

FIFY.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

My prediction....

No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

No Spin Ag said:

Ask to see the rules they aren't posting.

1. Give Biden a longer leash.
2. Don't give Trump any leash.
3. Don't ask Biden follow up questions
4. Ask Trump anything you like and remember, TDS sells so have at him.
5. Convince the audience that Biden won handily and point out Trump is a bully in how he talks to old sick people.
1. They're both having their mics cut at the same time
2. See #1
3. It'll be obvious to everyone watching.
4. Doesn't matter to those who have it, so it's a non-starter for them.
5. Most importantly, you can't convince people Biden won if he has a McConnell moment on live TV.

Now, what the right should be doing at least a week or so before the debate is to stop portraying Biden as a walking corpse. I'm not saying to portray him as a Reagan or JFK in their prime, but at least portray him as someone who can walk and talk at the same time. That way, his bumbling moments will give those watching something to contrast with him and reinforce the concerns everyone has of him.

If they portray him as someone who is Bernie from A Weekend at Bernies, then all Biden needs to do to "win" the debate is not drool out of both sides of his mouth and not fall down during the debate.
No Spin Ag
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Quote:

rocky the dog said:

Here ya go...

Nailed it!
DonHenley
AG
Cutting Trumps mic might benefit. Let Joe keep rambling. If Trump didn't cut Joe off last time, we would have heard Joe ramble incoherently more, helping Trump
Ags4DaWin
Make sure Biden doesn't have an earpiece.
vansprinkle
AG
DonHenley said:

Cutting Trumps mic might benefit. Let Joe keep rambling. If Trump didn't cut Joe off last time, we would have heard Joe ramble incoherently more, helping Trump

I guarantee they'll play it both ways. They'll let Trump run an a tirade and cut Joe when he's being nonsensical. They'll also cut Trump when he's making a good point and let Joe roll with his points. They control the cameras and the microphones. They'll have enough time to Hollywood it up and keep those of us watching from home from realizing what they're doing.
Maroon Dawn
AG

-Team Biden has already been given the questions

-They will not check Biden for drugs or ear pieces

-The moderator will attack Trump all night for Biden while helping Biden with his answers
Al Bula
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Make sure Biden doesn't have an earpiece.
they don't need an earpiece.

Kenneth_2003
AG
Moderator: Mr. President as the sitting president we'd like you to call the coin toss for podium assignments. Please select heads or tails while the coin is in the air.

Moderator: Flips coin...

Biden: Paper! No, Evens! Wait... What?
J. Walter Weatherman
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Logos Stick said:

My prediction....

Biden could collapse foaming out of the mouth 3 minutes into the debate and the media will be lined up to declare him the "winner."

Eh, given the coverage the last few weeks I think the left/media are itching to have a reason to force him out. A bad performance in the debate, which seems extremely likely since he doesn't know where he is most days, could be the final push they need to swap in Newsom or Michelle O.
aggiehawg
AG
GeorgeBailey
AG
No way Biden will have an earpiece. That would be a disaster as he responds to what he hears in the earpiece.
geoag58
AG
No Spin Ag said:

What are the rules for the moderators?
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.