Texas A&M expands Nuclear Weapons presence

885 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by TexAggee05
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.energy.gov/nnsa/articles/nnsa-awards-pantex-management-and-operating-contract

A&M is already part of the management team for Los Alamos National Lab. With this new contract, they become part of the team managing the only nuclear weapons assembly plant in the US. The university already owns the building that TTech built and couldn't afford, where the management of Pantex currently has offices.

WASHINGTON, D.C. The Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) announced today it has selected PanTeXas Deterrence, LLC for the Management and Operating (M&O) contract for the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.

PanTeXas Deterrence is a limited liability company, which consists of BWXT Technical Services Group, Inc. (BWXT TSG); Fluor Federal Services, Inc. (Fluor); SOC LLC (SOC); and the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS).

The contract includes a four-month transition period currently planned to start in mid-July 2024 and a five-year base period with three five-year options, for a total contract period of up to 20 years and four months if all options are exercised. The estimated value of the contract is $1.5 billion annually.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Nice.

Just hope I don't ever read that there are Chinese spies with access to this program through A&M.
#FJB
CanyonAg77
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Nice.

Just hope I don't ever read that there are Chinese spies with access to this program through A&M.

Not that such a thing has ever happened with Chinese nationals with A&M degrees working at Los Alamos….
one safe place
Do we still have a campus in Qatar?
TexAggee05
AG
I worked at Pantex for a bit. Neat place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.