Confirmed by charging documents: Jussie Smollett Part 2 in Fort Bend County

4,198 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TheWoodlandsTxAg
TheWoodlandsTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://abc13.com/post/fort-bend-county-precinct-3-candidate-taral-patel/14945983/

Fort Bend County candidate charged for allegedly faking racist social media attacks against himself

FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) -- The Democratic challenger for Fort Bend County Precinct 3 commissioner is facing charges for allegedly creating a fake social media account to post racist comments directed at himself after the Republican incumbent requested an investigation last year.

According to arrest warrant documents, Pct. 3 Commissioner Andy Meyers requested the Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office begin an investigation in October regarding the source behind several social media posts directed at his opponent, Taral Patel.

This came after Patel, 30, issued a statement on his social media accounts with a collage of racist posts that he claimed were directed at him. Although many of the usernames were concealed, Meyers told investigators he recognized an account that went by the name "Antonio Scalywag" as someone who had attacked him before.

Investigators found that the fake account used a profile photo that belonged to someone else. The DA's office issued a subpoena to Facebook and Google, which allowed them to obtain account data that matched Patel's address, phone number, Texas driver's license number, bank card number, and other personal information.

On Wednesday, the Texas Rangers arrested Patel on a third-degree felony charge for online impersonation and a Class A misdemeanor charge for misrepresentation of identity, which is found under the Texas Election Code. A spokesperson with the Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office said this is the first time their agency has charged someone with an election-related offense.

Patel previously served as chief of staff for Fort Bend County Judge KP George from 2018 to 2021, according to his LinkedIn. In a statement to ABC13, George wrote:

"As a public official, I address the recent events involving a former employee with a deep sense of concern. Recognizing the gravity of the situation, I emphasize the vital importance of upholding the principles of due process and impartial investigation. I trust that this matter will be examined without prejudice. While awaiting additional information, I reaffirm my commitment to ensuring justice and accountability. I look forward to gaining a complete understanding of the circumstances surrounding this unfortunate incident."

Requests for comment from Patel were not answered. A spokesperson for Meyers' office said they had no comment and deferred any official statement to law enforcement.

Patel's bond was set at $20,000 for the felony and $2,500 for the misdemeanor. He bonded out of the Fort Bend County Jail early Thursday morning. His next court appearance is scheduled for July 22.

(The link above includes a video report from ABC 13)

Wow. I cannot believe he released this statement in the past to smear Republicans when he made it all up. This is pathological criminal behavior: "As your Democratic candidate for County Commissioner, I am always open to criticism of my policy positions and stances on issues. However, when my Republican opponents supporters' decide to hurl #racist, #anti-immigrant, #Hinduphobic, or otherwise disgusting insults at my family, faith community, colleagues, and me - that crosses a line. Fort Bend County's diversity has made us all stronger, and these hateful images, a small sample attached here, are from a place of deep and misguided fear - incited by people like former President Donald Trump and today's extremist Republican party fear that immigrants are 'taking their jobs' and setting out to hurt our own communities."

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/06/14/investigators-candidate-for-fort-bend-co-commissioner-created-online-persona-racially-attacked-opponents-and-himself/

What the F. This is insane. I have never heard a Republican talk like the fake posts and messages he made up. Sounds like he just watches liberal propaganda like SNL, the Daily Show, and John Oliver 24/7/365, and got his fraudulent portrayal of Republicans from them: https://fbindependent.com/taral-patel-created-a-facebook-page-as-antonio-scalywag-played-politics-p16139-1.htm
hunter2012
AG
Once again the demand for racism is far higher than supply.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Man, he was this close to being a hate-crime victim. Shoot!

Way to go Democrats, you guys are something else.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Urban Ag
AG
I really don't think anyone cares anymore. The hand has been so overly played by the left. It's crying wolf and no one is paying attention.

Nice job white libs. If real racism was a thing anymore, no one cares except the race hustlers, You're the 1990's car alarm at this point.

Ciboag96
Started a conversation?
ts5641
When there is no racism, it must be made up out of thin air.
JamesPShelley
Looks like a terrorist. Yeah, I'm profiling. Idiots.
LOYAL AG
AG
Liberals should be ashamed of this kind of behavior but it won't phase them even a tiny bit. Gaining power is all that matters so they'll quietly applaud his efforts. Heck some of them will hold dearly to the belief that it was real and begin telling us the Texas Rangers arrested him because they're racist.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Burdizzo
AG
hunter2012 said:

Once again the demand for racism is far higher than supply.

https://sanantonioreport.org/election-result-may-28-primary-runoff-bexar-county-commissioners-court-precinct-1/

At least this Bexar County Commissioner wasn't stupid enough to impersonate someone on social media, but don't expect anyone to ask for her phone records.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Something about a short supply of racism and a demand for racism.
#FJB
aggiejayrod
AG
Quote:

don't you wear that dot on your head or I'll wipe it off

Has there ever once, just once, that someone has said something even remotely dumb as this to an Indian person in America? The most virulent racist probably thinks it looks stupid but not stupid enough to anger them to the point of trying to wipe it off.
usmcbrooks
JamesPShelley said:

BlueMiles
AG
They should charge him with a hate crime, too.
TheWoodlandsTxAg
LOYAL AG said:

Liberals should be ashamed of this kind of behavior but it won't phase them even a tiny bit. Gaining power is all that matters so they'll quietly applaud his efforts. Heck some of them will hold dearly to the belief that it was real and begin telling us the Texas Rangers arrested him because they're racist.
Which is insane because this investigation was done by the Fort Bend DA's office and the Fort Bend DA is a Democrat. The investigator on the case was Evett Kelly of the Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office according to this article: https://fbindependent.com/taral-patel-created-a-facebook-page-as-antonio-scalywag-played-politics-p16139-1.htm
TheWoodlandsTxAg
Ciboag96 said:

Started a conversation?
That was the pathological criminal part of this. He released a statement smearing Republicans when he himself was creating those posts and committing those actions. This Democrat manufactured the whole situation.
AggieMD95
AG
Funny he chose the screen name scallywag

Isn't that the term for republicans who supported civil rights for blacks in the south ? And were therefore not the racist faction ?
richardag
JamesPShelley said:

you added one too many periods, the second one to be specific.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
aggiehawg
AG
AggieMD95 said:

Funny he chose the screen name scallywag

Isn't that the term for republicans who supported civil rights for blacks in the south ? And were therefore not the racist faction ?
Southerners who were in favor of Reconstruction.
LOYAL AG
AG
TheWoodlandsTxAg said:

LOYAL AG said:

Which is insane because this investigation was done by the Fort Bend DA's office and the Fort Bend DA is a Democrat. The investigator on the case was Evett Kelly of the Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office according to this article: https://fbindependent.com/taral-patel-created-a-facebook-page-as-antonio-scalywag-played-politics-p16139-1.htm

Well we're talking about liberals so insanity is to be assumed, isn't it?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
CanyonAg77
AG
Its a third degree felony to have a fake online identity?
TexasAGGIEinAR
I'll bet he went and pooped in Republicans yards.
Hungry Ojos
CanyonAg77 said:

Article is confusing, but I think it might be in the context of an official trying to steer an election.
Ellis Wyatt
Hungry Ojos said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Article is confusing, but I think it might be in the context of an official trying to steer an election.
Better charge him with 34 counts to be sure.
The Porkchop Express
It's because he used someone else's photo with a fake name to create an account. Like the girl's photo used by the guy who faked like he was Manti Teos girlfriend.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Burdizzo
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Isn't that kind of the point of elections? I mean in an ethical sense.
zephyr88
AG
It takes a pretty weak person to rely on their 'victim card' to garner attention.

However, given the number of 'Patels' in Fort Bend County, he'll probably still be elected.
TheWoodlandsTxAg
CanyonAg77 said:

He did a Jussie Smollett.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.