Lia Thomas' Olympic hopes are dashed after a losing legal battle

3,259 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by InfantryAg
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Won NCAA championship but banned from Olympics.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/lia-thomas-loses-legal-battle-2024-olympics-hopes-dashed-rcna156808

Quote:

Former University of Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines, who in recent years has become vocal critic of Thomas in conservative media, celebrated Thomas's legal defeat on X.

"This is a victory for women and girls everywhere," Gaines, who is also suing the NCAA for allowing Thomas to compete in the 2022 championships, wrote while also misgendering Thomas.
Good, maybe I'll watch some swimming now!
damiond
like how gaines misgendered him in her tweet
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
BlueTaze
Anyone with common sense could see this was only sustained by the feelz of dumb libs, who also support anything the right objects to.

We will look back on trans in women's sports and trans affirmation of children in disgust 10 years from now. All those on the left calling us bigots will pretend it never happened. They will say, "well we just didn't know" "we didn't have the data" etc.
usmcbrooks
rgleml
AG
He is not banned from the Olympics. He could compete against the other boys, if his times were good enough. No wait, I bet they are not good enough to qualify.
combat wombat™
AG
Lia can compete with the males, you know, since he is one.

But we all know he CAN'T.

or exactly what the poster immidiately before me said.
Ag87H2O
AG

Obiligatory. Often used but true.
Slicer97
AG
Good.
Ellis Wyatt
AgTrip said:

Won NCAA championship but banned from Olympics.
Why would a guy be able to swim against women in the Olympics?

That someone even considered it is dumb.
B-1 83
AG
rgleml said:

He is not banned from the Olympics. He could compete against the other boys, if his times were good enough. No wait, I bet they are not good enough to qualify.

This. To me this concept is like pouring a salt/monkey blood combo on a wound. EARN IT AGAINST OTHER MEN.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Im Gipper
What an outage.

I really hope the horror of this is not so traumatic that Ze disappears from swimming and the public eye.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
I loved watching the Olympics when I was young. Back then it was the East German "women" and some Russian "female" athletes. So in the 70s Olympic Committee required a cheek swab to check for XX chromosomes. Of course those tests didn't pick up the use of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
This should have been a simple decision with no fanfare. But alas we are here.

Thankfully someone stood up to this madness.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
taxpreparer
AG
combat wombat said:

He could compete in the open category with the other trans atheletes.
General Jack D. Ripper
The ruse is over. I've stopped using pronouns bs. I mean I'm not going to insult a mentally ill person in my presence but I'm done playing this moronic game. I think we will look back at this and realize it as just a continuation of the Covid madness that died out.
There was this one time at ban camp…
Maroon Dawn
AG
aggiehawg
AG
taxpreparer said:

combat wombat said:

There is such a thing?
taxpreparer
AG
aggiehawg said:

taxpreparer said:

combat wombat said:

There is such a thing?

Sure, there is at least ine other swimmer, a trans-man. I belive Gaines posted a picture of the pair with Yhomas in a women's suit, and three female in a male Speedo. There are a few in track & field, also.
Al Bula
AG
How can women support the trans agenda at all? The well funded lobbies for trans "rights" are seeking to eradicate the female sex. I mean, this support is straight up dystopian horror.
Muy
AG
Liam Thomas
BQ_90
AG
taxpreparer said:

combat wombat said:

You mean the men's category
Urban Ag
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

you crack me up man.

Always goaltending.

The reason there is/was "fanfare" is because of leftists like you that push this garbage. And finally, society is rejecting it because it is so weapons grade moronic so now you try to get on the right side of history and downplay it.

But alas..........................

Unbelievable.

ts5641
Thank God some organization has enough sense to say no to this madness.
taxpreparer
AG
BQ_90 said:

taxpreparer said:

combat wombat said:

You mean the men's category

Well, he should, but the article mention an "open category" for trans competition.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Urban Ag said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

you crack me up man.

Always goaltending.

The reason there is/was "fanfare" is because of leftists like you that push this garbage. And finally, society is rejecting it because it is so weapons grade moronic so now you try to get on the right side of history and downplay it.

But alas..........................

Unbelievable.

Huh? This was such a simple decision to make but too many have lost their moral compass and so this decision was big. I'm glad this decision was made but it should never have been up for discussion and yet I'm somehow goaltending. What the ****?

I'm not trying to get on the right side of history. I've always been against this stupid **** and have always considered it a mental health issue.

If you can't be right about what I believe, don't pretend to know what I believe.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
geoag58
AG
Al Bula said:

How can women support the trans agenda at all? The well funded lobbies for trans "rights" are seeking to eradicate the female sex. I mean, this support is straight up dystopian horror.

Oh, they are much more evil than just that.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
This was clearly the right decision because biological women should only compete against other biological women. It is undeniable that biological men have an athletic advantage over biological women. Allowing biological men to compete in women's sports and even worse share the same locker room with them would create an unfair and dangerous situation.
93MarineHorn
Al Bula said:

Women support this because to a lot of them it is more about advancing a leftist agenda than supporting women's athletics. Most women could care less about an individual woman losing to a biological man in some sport they barely know exists. This is a tiny sacrifice to pay for the opportunity to stick it to the "patriarchy" or mainstream America (which they loathe). They know that the trans movement is an ally for advancing a Marxist agenda.

It's the same reason that women's groups abandoned their ethics to support Bill Clinton after all the scandals came out including rape allegations. Women's groups use their gender as both a sword and shield to advance leftism.
Rabid Cougar
AG
aggiehawg said:

taxpreparer said:

combat wombat said:

There is such a thing?

There already is a category for them... The MEN's Category!
zephyr88
AG
Riley Gaines had a great interview yesterday. The reporter kept referring to Lia Thomas as "she" and Riley never once said "she"... only "HE". It was pretty funny.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Love her response to NBC News
InfantryAg
AG
Lia Thomas' Olympic hopes are dashed after a losing legal battle

Alternative Headlines...

Women athletes' Olympic hopes are renewed after a winning losing legal battle

Lia Thomas' Women athletes Olympic hopes are dashed renewed after a losing wining legal battle

-or-

Mentally ill persons hopes of gaslighting the entire world population are dashed after losing legal battle.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.